Chapter 7

Oh my god! I'm so not ready for this. What if he doesn't like my present? What if he figures out that he's way too mature for me and that I was just a phase?

Today is a hot day but it's also a special day because today is Joshua's twentieth birthday. I know he's so old and he's still in highschool but what can I say I'm in love with an idiot.

Since today was a special occasion and I'm slowly trying to feel more comfortable with my clothing style I decided to wear my pink strapped bow panties. I put on ripped fitted skinny jeans and a cute little black crop top with a long black mesh cover up on top of it.

I haven't seen Josh all day today actually because whilst Dylan and him are messing about doing god knows what everyone else is here at our house preparing for his party.

It's not gonna be a surprise cause he already knows about it but the boys wanted to hang out today so they left all the preparation and hard work for us.

I exited my room and was immediately given a list of things to do for the party by my mom. I brought the plastic cutlery and cups down from the attic to the kitchen where Susanna, Josh's mom, and Martha, my mom, were making all sorts of things.

Susanna turned when she heard me enter the kitchen,"Thanks dear, your outfit is cute today. It suits you nicely."

"Thank you. Now I'm off to get the stuff from the shop is there anything else you need to put on the list or am I good?" They both shake their heads before resuming the cooking.

I was sent to get refreshments, eggs, and to pick up the cake. Once I completed everything on the list I headed back home where all the decorations were now set up and the dads in the backyard were currently trying to break their hips by trying to play soccer. It didn't help that their wives were cheering them on saying that they were just as fit as the used to be. I don't think that was true unless they were both nineteen and needing to take a break from kicking the ball back and forth and running around for a couple minutes.

I decided to make my presence known before my mom and Susanna started to think that they could both still cheerlead.

"Hey guys I got the cake. When's everyone else coming?" All at once they all started to look at their wrists before answering at the same time.

Apparently people should arrive in an hour and the boys should be back in about twenty minutes or so. I head back up to my room and flop onto my bed.

I got Josh a skiball machine for his birthday like the ones you play at the arcade just it looks a little more sleek. One of my friends dad got it as a present from his ex wife and just never opened it out of spite so he sold it to me for probably cheaper than it actually was. I thought that it would be something he would enjoy along with the rest of his friends.

I heard the door unlock and two hooligans shouting all the way up the stairs. I didn't have the time in the day to deal with them so I just stayed face first on my bed.

"Dogpile!" One of them yelled and before I had a chance to retaliate I was being smashed by two massive bodies.

In a strained voice I wheezed out,"Get off your fat asses are going to break the bed."

"Well I'll be." I rolled my eyes but felt immense relief when they got off of me.

"Get up mom wants us to hang out downstairs and help with last minute things." Dylan tells me before heading downstairs on his own.

Josh stays behind with me. I stand up slowly watching him react to my outfit. He looked me up and down before telling me to spin around.

"Do you like it?" He nods to my question before pulling me close and giving me a peck on my lips,"Good then you'll like what's underneath."