Chapter 4

As Liam takes another gulp of his orange juice, he looks at the big map laying in front of him.

He's in Germany now, finally.

Liam arrived yesterday.

Being tired he immediately searched for a hotel, ate some and went to sleep.

This morning he woke up feeling fresh and ready.

But now, sitting at this table, he can only feel headaches coming up.

Why did he come with the stupid idea of following the boy without knowing where he's going?!

Germany is big, so the boy could be anywhere right now.

Squinting his eyes at the little letters on the map, Liam takes a bite from his fried egg, having it cut into perfect square pieces.

He can hear all the people around him talking in German or other languages.

Liam doesn't understand a thing of German, it's a difficult language.

Luckily Liam chose a big hotel, and every staff member here can speak English.

That way he doesn't have to worry about misunderstandings.

The hotel is beautiful by the way.

The bed was made perfectly, with soft crimson cushions and warm sheets.

The bathroom was cleaned so well it was shining when Liam came in there.

The tv has a lot of channels, including the English ones

That way Liam could still watch the English news this morning.

Yeah, it costs a little more, but it's definitely worth it.

Standing up and putting some cash on his plate, Liam folds his map of Germany he bought at the door of the hotel yesterday.

He thought it might come in handy, but Liam has no idea where he has to go.

He doesn't know where the boy is.

Liam then proceeds to go back to his room, not bothering to walk and instead taking the elevator.

At room 25, Liam pushes his card into a machine next to the door, until he hears a 'click'.

Pushing the door open, Liam walks inside, closing the door behind him.

The light immediately flickers on.

It reacts on movement.

Liam looks around his big room for a second, and then walks over to his bed.

Next to it is laying the light blue backpack.

Picking it up, Liam sits down on the bed, and places the backpack on his lap.

He doesn't know what to do.

On one side, he promised himself not to open the bag and look at the boy's stuff, because that's rude.

But on the other side, if he wants to know where the boy is, the answer could be in his backpack.

Liam lets his fingers linger on the straps of the backpack, feeling the old and rough texture.

What should he do?

He needs to bring this back to the boy, otherwise he's in Germany for nothing right now.

The answer could be in his backpack.

The thought repeats itself several times in Liam's head, making him feel slightly dizzy.