Chapter 1

Liam was only 4 and a half years young when he saw the boy for the first time.

Liam was standing on top of the slide, watching the kids in the park play.

The sun was shining on his small back, warming him up and making him smile.

The sky was a gorgeous tint of blue, and the clouds were perfectly white and fluffy, like they always looked in the cartoons Liam watched daily.

Liam waved at his mom with his little hand, and then proceeded to glide down the bright red slide, giggeling as the air gushed around him.

"Liam!" His mom called, making the small boy to look over at her and smile.

He really liked his mommy.

She was nice, and when he had an

'auwee' she would always be there to kiss him and give him candy.

Liam really liked the sweet candy in a cherry shape.

He'd love to eat that whole day until his tummy is full.

Liam's mummy came towards him, and picked the little boy up, spinning him around.

Liam giggled, spreading out his little arms to feel like a bird.

Or superman.

Liam had a big superman poster on his room, of superman flying over the city.

Liam had always wanted to learn how to fly like superman.

After Liam's mum safely placed her son back on the ground, she handed him a peanutbutter sandwich, his favorite.

Liam sat down on the wooden bench in the park, and looked around, chewing on his sandwich and letting small crumbs fall from his mouth.

And that's when he saw him.

There was a little boy, sitting against a tree.

The boy had brown hair, little chubby cheeks and bright blue eyes.

He was enthousiasticly brabbeling to a big man next to him, who was smiling down at the small happy boy.

Liam actually wanted to go over to the boy, to show his peanutbutter sandwich and play with him, but the man next to him was big and scary.

So Liam decided against it, and stayed on the bench, watching the boy and the man.

In between the two, was a light blue backpack.

Liam liked that kind of blue.

It was almost the same colour as the walls in his small bedroom.

Liam finished the sandwich, and wiped his little hands on his jeans, leaving smears of peanutbutter.

He watched as the boy and the man stood up, the man putting the straps of the backpack around the little boy's shoulders, even though it was far too big for him.

Then the man lifted the small boy up, and set him down on his shoulders.

Liam could hear the boy's laugh from where he was sitting.

It was a happy and joyfull laugh, bringing a smile on Liam's own face.

Sitting on your daddy's shoulders is fun.

"Oh Liam, look what you did!" Liam's mom exclaimed, pointing at Liam's jeans.

Liam looked down, staring at the peanutbutter on his legs.

"C'mon, let's go and clean that up." Liam's mommy mumbled, while wrapping an arm about the boy's small body and picking him up.

"Are you mad mummy?" Liam asked, his eyes big and lip quivering.