2.

Next class was math. Michelle silently walked in and sat in the back, like always. She placed her books down and took a seat. Soon the class flowed inside, filling every available spot.

"Um.." Michelle's head shot up, fast enough to cause a whiplash. A teen, not older than 17 smiled sheepishly at her. "Is this seat taken?" She gulped and stared at him for a second before she shook her head and quickly cleared her stuff. The seat creaked as the boy sat down. The teacher started talking and Michelle tried her hardest to focus on him, but the stare the boy was giving her was getting very annoying. She finally turned her head.

"What?" She whispered. The boy looked taken back but smiled.

"I'm sorry, but I don't think I've very noticed how interesting you are" Michelle frowned.

"What?"

"Yeah, I mean. You're face has like a thousand freckles and it looks super soft." Michelle's face turned beet red and she quickly looked down. The boy snickered. "I meant is as a compliment" Michelle nodded, not looking up. "I'm Mike, Mike Newton" He whispered, holding out his hand. Michelle looked up trough her hair and very slowly reached out and grabbed his hand.

"Michelle, Orchard" Mike shook her hand before he released it and smirked.

"I know. You're kind of a celebrity here" Michelle turned red again as Mike laughed. "Is it true that you have like, a gazillion siblings" This did bring a smile on Michelle's face. She nodded.

"Yes, I have."

"I'm so sorry. I can't even imagine the bedroom struggles that must cause" Michelle laughed but quickly covered her mouth with her hand before the teacher could hear it.

"Wait... did I just- I did dint i. I made THE Michelle Orchard laugh. Oh, this needs to be recorded. Does anyone have a pen!?"

-

"My lady" Mike bowed dramatically. Michelle giggled and stepped past him into the room. Mike patted her shoulder and walked away, to a seat in the back, next to a girl. Michelle turned to the teacher and handed him her class slip. He smiled.

"Ah, Miss Orchard." He handed her some stuff. "Welcome to the class. Here are your stuff and I've got a seat for you right over here, so come over" Michelle send him a kind smile and walked over to desk he was pointing at. The teen who sat there glanced at her before his hand flew to his nose, almost panic like. Michelle exhaled and looked down, pushing her seat to the edge of the table.

"Today we'll be observing the behavior of planaria, a.k.a flatworms. " Mr. Molina placed two perti dishes on their table and walked away. "We're going to cut them in half, then watch them regenerate into two separate worms." Michelle glanced up to the teen but he was trying to look everywhere but her so she sighed again and took a petri dish. "Yes, folks, zombie worms! They just won't die."

The class ended and Edward, the boy next to Michelle, sprinted away. Michelle just shook it off and turned in her worms. Mr. Molina was stunned to see the worms already separated and still alive. Michelle just shrugged and left. She entered the administration office but froze in the doorway as she noticed Edward sweet talking with the administrator.

"There must be something open sixth period. Physics? Biochem?"

"No, every class is full. I'm afraid you'll have to stay in biology. I'm so sorry." She gave him a apologetic smile but stopped and noticed Michelle. She held up her finger and Michelle nodded. Edward straightened up and glanced at Michelle, an icy look in his eyes.

"I'll just... endure it." He barked and strode out. Michelle stepped back, giving him space.

-

More than a week past before she saw Edward again. He seemed to have disappeared from school. The other Cullen kids would always stare at her as she passed. Some disapproving some confused and some happy? Michelle did find new 'friends'. Mike, who insisted on calling her Mich, had introduced her to his friends. Eric, Angela, Jessica and the other new girl, Bella.