7.

A blinding light. That was the first thing Michelle noticed. Next was the pressure on her finger and face. Very slowly she opened her eyes, her blue iris' shrinking from the light. She blinked, a figure sitting on her bed. Not her bed, a hospital bed. Michelle's eyes widen, remembering last night's events.

"Mike?" He grinned.

"The one and only, how are you feeling?" Michelle groaned, closing her eyes for a second, feeling her aching body. Nothing broken, not anymore.

"Sore." Mike laughed. "Is Edward..." Mike pointed his thumb to the side. Michelle followed it with her eyes to see Edward sitting on the bed next to her, his eyes closed

"He's asleep. They told me he never leaves." Michelle blinked and nodded, a strange humming starting in the back of her mind.

"What... happened?"

"Mich, you fell down two flights of stairs and through a window." Mike chuckled. "One heck of a fall. From what I heard, Edward came here to convince you to come back to Forks. His father brought him down. You went to their hotel but you tripped on the stairs." A silence fell before Michelle realised that this was the cover story. She nodded.

"Sounds like me." Mike sighed and reached over, taking her hand.

"Is he taking care of you?" he whispered, glancing at Edward. "I will kick his ass If he doesn't." Michelle smiled softly and nodded, squeezing Mike's hand.

"He is" She spoke clearly, knowing Edward was listening. Mike exhaled, relieved and smiled.

"I heard you're going to Jacksonville" Michelle shook her head, moving a little bit so she was sitting up more.

"I think I'll stay for a while more" Mike grinned.

"Because of me?" Michelle chuckled. "Or..." This caused Michelle to blush. Her heart monitor even went up, making Mike laugh. "Not to sound gay but I think that boy is in love with you." Michelle smiled, glancing at Edward. Her eyes found Mike's again.

"Could you maybe get me something to drink?" Mike nodded and stood up.

"Anything for my sister" He grinned and left. Michelle watched him, a stunned expression on her face. The door closed and Edward opened his eyes. He smoothly stood up and moved to her. He bent over and kissed her forehead, his eyes full of concern. Michelle closed her eyes, taking in the feeling. He stood up and faced her.

"Is James..." Edward nodded.

"You killed him" Michelle nodded, not at all shocked by this. "And the woman, Victoria, she ran off." She raised her hand, moving away her breathing tube, finding it annoying.

"I know James bit me." Edward exhaled. "I'm alive because of you."

"You're in here because of me." He whispered, his voice sounding like it was about to break. He reached over and gently stroked her face. "The worst of it... was thinking I couldn't stop –" Michelle reached up, taking his hand in hers.

"But you did." Edward stopped and stared at her, his yellow eyes boring into her blue ones.

"You should go. Where I can't hurt you anymore.." Michelle blinked.

"No" She finally stated, not a hint of doubt in her voice. Edward shook his head.

"You are not safe with me" Michelle's look didn't falter, making Edward's breath hitch.

"Please don't leave me. Everyone but you" Edward froze, seeing tears building up in Michelle's eyes. She was so fragile right now, like a porcelain doll, about to break. Edward's thumb gently stroked her cheek again.

"I'm not going anywhere. I'm right here.." He reached out and wrapped his arms around her, sitting down next to her. She clung to him, curling up in his arms.

-

"You really are trying to kill me.

Edward laughed, winding his arms around Michelle's waist. Prom. One thing Michelle dreaded to go to and Edward had made her go. Alice had lend her one of her million dresses and Rosalie had done her hair. Yes, Rosalie. Apparently after the whole James thing, she had decided she wanted to give Michelle a chance. Maybe Emmet talked her into it.

Nevertheless, Michelle was dressed in a baby blue gown that fit her perfectly, while her hair was done up in a fancy bun. Her face was still make up less, which showed off her big dol like eyes. Edward had yet to let her go.

"Prom is an important rite of passage. I don't want you to miss anything." Michelle shook her head, not really mad anymore. The only thing that was bothering her now were her heels and cast. Alice had made her wear heels and because she apparently broke her arm she had to wear a cast.

The two of them walked into the school grounds. Several heads turn and Michelle shy's away. Edward smiled and squeezed her a little bit tighter.

"You are perfect." Michelle blushed even harder. Edward chuckled and led her to the dance floor. They pass Mike, Bella, Jessica and Angela who give them thumbs up. Edward took hold of Michelle's arm, pulling her out of her stare.

"Shall we?"

Michelle laughed. "You're serious." Edward, instead of waiting for her answer led her to the dance floor. He took her in his arms, ready to dance when Michelle stepped back. He stared at her, afraid she would walk away but instead she reached down, taking off her heels. Her head now reaching his ears she smiled and held out her hand. Edward smiled and took it. They started moving, gently, gracefully, divine.

"See? You're dancing." Michelle beamed up.

"At prom." They dance for a while, at peace until Michelle broke it. "Edward, since the battle I've been feeling this..." She stopped, not knowing how to describe it. Edward stopped.

"You don't know what you're saying."

"I'm saying you've linked with me" Michelle spoke carefully, confused. Edward took a step back.

"You don't want this." Michelle took a step forwards.

"I want you. Always." Edward shook his head, angry.

"I won't keep you here. Bind you to earth" The music seemed to disappear as the two stared at each other. "You will go back to heaven, that's how it's supposed to happen."

"That's not the way Alice saw it. I heard her. She saw me here, with you"

"Her visions change"

"Based on what someone decides. And I've decided." Edward took a step forward, towering above her.

"Is that what you dream about? Being with a monster, forever?"

"Yes"

"You really want this?"

"Yes." Edward took her in his arms, placing his forehead against hers.

"You're ready right now?

"Yes." He stared deep into her eyes, looking for any sign of doubt, fear, but found none. He kissed her, long and deep. Michelle ran a hand trough his hair, spiking it up. They broke apart and Edward grinned.

"Forever" Michelle smiled.

"Forever"