Happy New Years!

So, with New Years around the corner, I've noticed that it's a tradition to kiss the people you held dearest to your heart (aka loved ones and finances and family members etc.). So then this happened. I normally suck at writing stories, but, ey, I'll give this a try! Happy New Years to everyone!
-1101--SpadeyReload
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Three...

Two...!

One!!!

The entire town erupted in cheers, excited for the new year to be upon them. I saw Sportacus lean over, and...
~
I normally didn't come to these sorts of parties, but this time, I'd been literally begged to go. So, I decided to attend. The kids had explained earlier that parties weren't half bad... once you got used to the crowd, that is.
Directly across from me, the cunning town villain, stood the town's superhero, or, as I like to call him, the Blue Kangaroo, Sportacus. He was in what seemed like an interesting conversation with that girl, Stephanie, the one who had called Sportacus here in the first place. I think about how some times, I should thank her. The "Sports Candy" obsessed sports enthusiast had grown closer to everyone in the entire town in the months he was there, including yours truly. Instead of his usual blue hat, he had a party hat sitting on top of his messy blond hair. Hmm.. He's sorta cute without his hat on...

It was 11:55. Five minutes until the beginning of the new year. Sportacus had finished that conversation with Stephanie, and had made his way over to me. "Hello, Robbie!" He greeted cheerfully in his thick accent.

"Hello, Sportacus," I greeted back, and the elf's face lit up.
"You got my name right!"
"Yeah, and don't make me take it back, Sportadork," I teased, almost fondly. Almost.

11:56.

Sportacus let out a small chuckle, and I could feel my face begin to warm up. I turned away from the blue-clad man instantly, embarrassed.
Along with everyone else in the town, after I got over Sportacus wanting to make the town active again, I grew to like Sportacus. Adore even.

11:57

The new year was right around the corner. Sportacus was looking off into the distance, looking extremely thoughtful.
I wonder what he's thinking about.

11:58

Two minutes. Sportacus still didn't budge from his spot, looking even more conflicted than he was before.

11:59

Sportacus looked over at me, and I quickly turned away, realizing I'd been staring at him. I heard him chuckle faintly, and he let out a small sigh in thought. "The new year is seconds away now, huh?" He spoke softly.
I looked toward him. There was a faint blush dusted on his cheeks. I nodded softly, my eyes downcast.
He smiled fondly at me. The kids were starting to count down from ten.

TEN!

Sportacus continued looking at my, biting his bottom lip. It looked as if he was deciding something...

NINE!

I kept my gaze lowered, not wanting to ruin the kid's fun by snapping at their loud volume.

EIGHT!

SEVEN!

SIX!

FIVE!

FOUR!

THREE!

Sportacus let out a small puff of air, before getting a determined sparkle in his bright blue eyes.

TWO!!

I looked up at Sportacus, my head tilted faintly.
"Don't hate me for this, Robbie.." I heard Sportacus mumble.

ONE!!!!

"What-" I began to say, but everything suddenly became hazy.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

After a bit, I broke out of my dazed state to noticed the adored Sportacus was kissing me. Three emotions shot through me-
Amazement, happiness, and confusion.
It only took a few second for me to start kissing back. I was trying my best to hold back a smile.

A few people saw us and their cheers got louder. After a while, we ended the kiss and Sportacus pressed his forehead against mine.

I, of course, didn't complain.

Mrs. BusyBody grinned at Milford. "You owe me ten dollars now!" The mayor hastily fumbled for the money, and Sportacus laughed softly.

"Happy New Year, Robbie Rotten."