Speechless [Semi Eita x Reader]

Part One of the Pretty Setter Series
Fandom: Haikyuu!!

The new school year was starting and it was your third year, and not to mention, your last year. You were a student at one of the most famous schools in Japan, Shiratorizawa.

You still haven't opened up anyone in particular, but recently, a certain boy had caught your eye. You hadn't noticed him until the last few months of your second year, because he wasn't in your class and the school was swarming with students.

You didn't know about other people, but you thought he was the prettiest boy alive. With his black-tipped, light blonde hair, with his sharply shaped brown eyes, with his usual serious expression on his face.

That certain boy was called Semi Eita.

You had always watched him from afar, but you never had the courage to go up to him. He was always with his friends: Ushijima Wakatoshi, Tendou Satori, and Ohira Reon.

You wanted to muster up the courage to go talk to him, but every time you tried to approach him, you got interrupted by someone who would lead him away as if you weren't even there.

And after that, your courage would decrease a lot, then you would go back to whatever you were doing.

You wanted so badly to tell him how you felt, to find him alone and whisper out a confession, but because of that intense gaze of his, you were too afraid of being rejected by him.

You had already tried to write a love letter addressed to him, but every time you attempted to write one, it started to sound cheesy and you were at a loss of words. You didn't know what else to write. The only thing that sounded okay was, "Semi Eita, I am in love with you."

You gripped the sides of your textbook tightly. The only thing your mind focused on was him. Maybe you could make it to his classroom and tell him before he got to his friends.

Determined to carry out this action, you stared at the clock and waited to the second hand to reach 12. The bell rang. You sprung out of your seat, grabbed your books, and rushed out the door with some of the students.

You raced down the hallways to his classroom, and you saw his familiar blonde-haired head emerge from the classroom. You clenched your fists and tapped his back gently. He turned around to face you.

"Yes, what can I do for you?" he asked you.

Your eyes widened in nervousness and you blushed, looking down. You opened your mouth slightly to speak. Your voice broke as you started to stammer.

"Semi-san, I w-want to t-tell you someth--"

"Semisemi!" A voice rang out.

"Ah, I'm sorry, but I have to go. Maybe we can talk later," he apologized quickly.

"O-Oh."

A tall boy with gelled-up red hair walked over and wrung his arm around Semi's shoulders. He nearly stumbled, but found support from his friend.

"How many times have I told you? Don't call me Semisemi. Oi, you're heavy!" Semi complained, pushing Tendou off of him.

"I'll see you later, then," you mumbled, your voice inaudible. You turned away, tears threatening to spill from your eyes. You were so close!

You walked quickly to the girls' bathroom and splashed water on your face as you cried, the tears blending in with the water droplets that rolled down your face.

You looked at yourself in the mirror. All you saw was a pathetic girl that couldn't get things done. A girl that couldn't finish things off. A person who left things undone, just like a half-done piece of homework. Deciding to go get lunch, you got up and headed to the lunchroom like nothing had ever happened to you.