Chapter 5

Logan's POV

I got home after school that day and I asked my foster mom if it were possible to get me a phone so I can talk to my friends. Foster Care took my phone when I moved here because it was bought by my last foster parents. She agreed that I needed to be social, so she said she would try to get me a phone tomorrow after I get home from school. I get to pick it out. While she cooked dinner, I decided to take a shower.
When I was done, I asked her if I could call a friend from the house phone, and she said I had 20 minutes before dinner was finished. So I quickly got the phone and dialed his number. When he answered, he sounded confused.

"Hello?"
"Hey Jack! It's me, Logan."
"Oh! Hey! I thought you didn't have a phone?"
"I don't. This is my...foster mom's house phone."
I've never been so straight forward with someone, but I feel like I can trust him, so I did.
"Oh. You're a foster kid?"
"Yeah, but I don't like that label."
"Oh....sorry."
"No, it's okay. You didn't know, but I asked her when I got home if I could get a phone of my own, and she said she would got tomorrow to get me one."
"Cool! So when you get it, call me immediately! Okay?"
"Okay, I will," I said with a laugh, "I gotta go. It's time for dinner. See you tomorrow. Bye." I said.
"Bye Logan."
And with that, I hung up.