Chapter 6

Logan's POV

When I finished eating dinner, I went to my bathroom to brush my teeth. Afterwards, I walked to my foster mom's room aand knocked.
"Just a sec," She called out.
"Okay." I replied.

I leaned against the wall across from her door until I heard her open it.

"Hey honey. Is everything alright?" She asked, looking concerned.
"Oh. Yeah, yeah! I was just coming to say goodnight."
"Oh. Okay." She pulled me into a hug, and we stood like that for a good 5 minutes.
"Is it okay for me to say 'I love you'? Even though I've only been here a day." I asked, sniffling.

She lifted my head up, making me look at her.

"Sweetie, you can say whatever you would like to me, as long as it isn't rude, or tell me anything you want, but I would hate if you called me something like 'bitch' or 'hoe'. You know what I mean?"
"I hope I never call you anything like that! I feel like I've know you for years, and we just met yesterday."
"I promise you I will treat you with all fairness and love because I know what it's like to be in the system. And I would like to know, if it were to happen, would you be willing to live here permanently? Like, 'I adopt you' kind of thing."

My eyes grew wide, and she laughed a little, making me laugh, too.

"I love you! And no! I wouldn't mind that! I've wanted someone to adopt me since I got put into the system, but every home I've lived in since the beginning, there was some kind of abuse or bullying."
"I'm so sorry sweetheart. I will work on that, along with getting your phone tomorrow, but first, we must sleep and go to school or work tomorrow, so let's get you in bed."

We walked to my room. I turned my alarm on, and got under the covers. She tucked me in, kissed my head, said 'goodnight' while turning off my lamp, and walked out of my room. I stared at the ceiling for a while wondering how something this grand has happened to me: meeting Jack Gilinsky and possibly being adopted so that I don't have to worry about making new friends with new people in a new city where nothing is familiar to me; then I fell asleep with a smile on my face.

A/N: I hope everybody is enjoying this as much as I am writing this! I can't wait to see what is to be played out as I am just going off of my imagination! Have fun and enjoy! Next chapters are to come soon (as soon as I actually write them. I had 4, 5 and 6 already written on paper, so I just went from there, but now I have to start completely from scratch on chapters 7+). Thanks for reading!