Chapter 2: Almost There

The very first thing I wanted to do when I got home was call Molly. But no, my parents had to discuss the whole thing first, me being only 15. 16 soon though. I didn't think I could handle the wait, so I went upstairs and listened to some music with my new red beats solos. They were my babies, all I really did at home was listen to music, so why not make the experience as enjoyable as possible? Surprise surprise I was listening to Macklemore. Inhale Deep. Arguably one of my favorite songs by him. But it's impossible to choose. I flopped on my bed and sent a text to one of my best friends Haily, not a huge Macklemore fan, but enough to go to the concert with me when I begged her to.

Guess what happened! Xx Sky

What? Xx Haily

I may or may not have gotten an offer to be in macklemores new video!!! Xx Sky

Wtf?! Your kidding right? Xx Haily

No I'm serious tho I'll text you back when I figure it out Xx Sky

After a few more songs and a lot of me freaking out, my parents called me down, and I braced myself for the worst, more nervous than I am during tied basketball games. I stepped slowly down the stairs, not racing down like I usually do.

"Can I call her?" I asked nervously. My jaw was clenched, not ready for whatever answer was hiding behind his featured face.

"We already did," My dad stated, a stern look on his face. I knew what that meant. My eyes threatened to spill over tears. Why'd I have to get my goddamn hopes up! I blinked and a tear rolled onto my cheek, but I stopped it with the sleeve of my sweatshirt.

"Honey..." My dad said slowly.

"Ye-.. yah?" I stuttered, really trying not to cry.

"We're going to their studio today at 5," my dad said with a smile on his face. My dad was the master of the straight face. I hugged my parents and bombarded them with questions, for whatever reason expecting them to know everything, but they were as clueless about the situation as I was. I ran upstairs and checked the time, it was already 3:50, and I needed to look perfect for a first impression.

"Mom, what should I wear!" I yelled down the stairs.

"Just dress casual, wear your Macklemore sweatshirt maybe!" she yelled back.

I thought for a moment, and decided on skinny jeans, a grey v-neck, converse, and my black and grey shark face gang beanie. Looking in the mirror, I decided I needed a little color, and put on a light blue zip up. I didn't want to look like too crazy of a fan, so I decided against wearing the My City's Filthy sweatshirt I got at the concert and held so dear to my heart. I didn't even know if the two would even be there. What would I even say to them?

In the car ride, I spent most of it deciding whether I would say Macklemore or Ben when I first met him, still having not chosen after we were already parked and walking in. My heart was caught in my throat and I couldn't breathe even a little as we walked into a studio complex, and my dad found the studio they were in. Talking casually to the man at the front desk, while I pulled on his arm, really not wanting to be late. Oh God, I'm about to meet my two inspirations, the two people whose faces cover my walls. Here goes...