Trauma

Chapter 1: Trauma

6 months later

You were finally outside the swimming hall and you tightened your grip on your steering wheel as you looked out at the building. Your psychiatrist recommended you to start learning to swim, because you blamed yourself for that man's suicide. You blamed yourself because you could have saved him if you just had learned how to swim.

You shook your head and stepped outside of your car and got your bag out. You entered the swimming hall and into the females changing room. There were quite a lot of girls there, you sat down on the bench and took a deep breath to calm yourself down. You finally got changed into your bathing suit, which is a one piece- a simple and dark blue bathing suit.

You tied your hair in a bun and walked out to the swimming pools inside the hall. You walked slowly out and froze at the entrance once you saw the pools and it started to happen. You began to breathe faster, hyperventilating.

The deep water scared you. You had always been sort of scared of the deep water, but it all worsened when you saw that man jump off the bridge. You hadn't gone to any beaches or swimming pools since you saw that man commit suicide.

His image would appear in your mind, the sound of the water splash, when his body hit the deep water came to your mind whenever you heard people jump into the pool.

You pressed your forehead and leaned against the wall. You were breathing faster, your legs were trembling, you began to sweat and you felt dizzy. You ran back inside to the changing room and sat down at the bench, your hands shook whilst you searched your medicine.

The women in the room were all gazing at you, your bag fell down on the floor, your medicine fell out and someone finally picked it up for you.

You looked up and saw an older woman, she asked you how many pills you need and you replied two. She took it out and also opened the lid of your water bottle and handed you the pills in your palm. You quickly put the pills into your mouth and swallowed it with the water.

The woman stood in front of you and smiled, once she saw you calm down a little and your breathing became steady. You finally thanked her for helping you and she smiled in return.

"Are you scared of the deep water?" she asked and you looked up at her and blinked a few times before nodding.

"I saw you hyperventilating out there" she said and you blinked once more. "So I followed you back inside" she explained.

"Thank you so much for helping me" you said and she shook her head lightly.

"Do you know how to swim?" she asked and you shook your head.

"My son is a swimming instructor here, he can help you" she said and you blinked and flushed a little.

"He's really good with helping people" she explained and you smiled.

She was so kind and thoughtful.

"He'll help you" she said and you thanked her once more.

"I think I'll come back again soon" you said.

You couldn't make yourself go back out there. It was so hard, you felt so helpless and angry at yourself, because you couldn't do it. The older woman nodded, understanding and you finally got up from the bench. You thanked her once more and she smiled. The woman then walked back out and you sighed.

You changed back to your outfit and packed your swimsuit back in your bag. You sat down in your car seat and hit the steering wheel. You groaned loud out of frustration. The tears were forming in your eyes and you leaned back in your seat and covered your face, and you finally cried out.