Chapter 1

“Cashmere, you need a boyfriend,” says Lolly flatly. Half-smiling at me.
“I’m finding him! I’m trying to find him. My soulmate,” I put a little acting in it then smile at her.
“Yeah, right,” she rolls her eyes at me and giggles.
Lolly is my best friend. We grew up together. She has a dark curly hair and a brown eyes. She’s not tall, but I’m not saying she’s short. But I’m taller than her, a little. We are at her house, inside her room.
“Go out with Robert McCurtney,” she says, while wiggling her eyes brows.
“Gosh! No!” I shout, laughing at her.
“Oh c’mon! Don’t be picky. Hmmm. Date him, date him, date him,” she protests, also laughing.
“I hate you.” I say under my breath, trying to be serious but I’m smiling and I can’t hide it.
“Aw. Don’t hate me, please?” she puts her hand on her chest and she gives me a puppy eye look,
“Well, pizza fixes everything.” I say it slowly, while gesturing the ‘I’m-eating-a-delicious-food’ gesture, and she laughs at me.
“Okay, okay. I’m just gonna change,” she grins at me and I kiss her on the cheek.

I go downstairs and wait for her. I look at the clock and it’s 7:30 in the evening. Her house is like a mansion. In the living room – a big living room, they have a Samsung UHD S9 TV – which is very expensive – and have 3 soft and springy sofas. The kitchen is big too. I sit on the sofa, waiting for Lolly. After 15 minutes, she’s in the living room with another dress.
“C’mon!” she says gladly,
“And now, you’re wearing a dress? Where will you go? Prom?” I tease her, and it makes her giggle.
“Uhmm.. Maybe,” she shakes her butt and puts her thumb on her lips. Brushing it. She throws the dress at me.
“Oh gosh!” I laugh at her, “What are you thinking? I’m not going with you!”
“Oh no, missy. You’re going with me! It’s a party. And they have a lots of pizza!” she says it with a ‘I’m too excited’ expression.
“Uh-kay!” I roll my eyes at her, but I know I’m smiling.

I wear the dress she gave me. It’s a black dress, and it’s too short, for me. My legs are showing. Gosh. I put some light pink lipstick and unclip my curly blonde hair, and toss it. I put some light make-up, too. When I’m done, I head downstairs. I smile at Lolly and she exclaims,
“Oh god! You. Are. So. Beautiful!” she says, exaggerating it.
“Alright. Okay. Let’s go!” I reply at her, giving her a slight nod.

She locks the front door and leaves the lights open, because her parents are not in the house, working. We run to her car – a Toyota Vios MT 1.3. I open the door and take a sit, and she drives. After a few minutes, we are now in our destination. It’s Jacob Waters’ party! Lolly turns off the engine and I get out of the car. We can hear the boom of the music here, it’s Macklemore and Ryan Lewis’ Thrift Shop song. We head inside the house and Woah! There’s a lot of people here! Jacob greets us,
“Oh! Hi, Cashmere! Hi, Lolly!” he kisses my cheek and I do too. He kisses Lolly’s cheek too, “Thought you’d changed your mind,” he smirks.
“Oh no. There’s no way we’re gonna miss this party, right Mer?” she looks at me, wiggling her brows.
“Yes! Well, I nearly say no. But she insisted.” I give Lolly a smug look. And she laughs at me.
“Then, be my guest.” Jacobs smiles at us, and then greets the others.

Lolly drags Robert McCurtney and they dance. I don’t know why she pushes Robert at me. I know she has a crush on Robert, but why is she always pushing him to me? I, of course, head to the kitchen to grab something to eat. I found a lots of foods here, and now I’m drooling. Oh gosh! What to eat first? What to eat first? I grab a one slice pizza and eat it. Shit. This is so delicious! I grab a muffin with a custard inside it and then eat it in whole. Well, it’s only a small muffin so don’t judge me. I grab another one, but someone talks behind my back and I jump. I accidentally throw the muffin.