Chapter 8

I had my first kiss when I was 5 years old. My playmate – I didn’t and don’t even know his name – accidentally tripped over and accidentally hugged and kissed me. He quickly apologized to me. We barely knew the ‘kissing stuff’ since we were kids. I gave him my blue half-moon necklace. I don’t know where he is right now. I don’t know if he’s dead or alive. For your information, I didn’t tell mom about that, and still don’t want.

What is Zane doing right now? Is he thinking of my lips? Is he? I want to know. I’m confused about my feelings towards him. What should I do? I mean, I know he still wants Keamie. I should help him right? Then why we were doing that? Was it for satisfaction? Did he see me as Keamie? I never want to know. I sigh. God. Too much thinking. My head’s gonna explode. What to do?

I read the Divergent book by Veronica Roth for two hours straight. One more month and it will be our Prom day. I look at my Josh Hutcherson poster pinned on the wall and smile at him. God. I have a crush on him. And I feel his eyes staring at me. Delusional and desperate? Nah. Just delusional. I call Lolly,

“Hi, Lolly.” I say.

“Hello, Cashmere. We rarely talk to each other in person. Sorry.” She says in a forgive-me-please voice.

“It’s okay. Just want to tell you something.” I say, trying not to be excited.

“What is it? Do tell.” She says.

And I tell her everything. That Zane kissed me on the lips and French kissed me. That he hugged me. The movie. The hands. The awkwardness. And she squeak, “That’s amazing! I think he loves you!”

“That – or he just wanted to.”

“The latter.” And we both laugh. We talk about Robert. The sweetness. How sweet Robert is. The date. She even tells me that she nearly had sex with him, but Robert refused because he wants to wait for the right time. I like that. We also talk about the upcoming prom next month. I have to save – a lot – of money to buy a perfect and gorgeous dress. “Talk to you later. Bye. Love you.” I hang up. I head to the calendar and grab a ballpen. I write my plans:

- March 10: Save Money

- March 11: Save Money

- March 13: Save Money

- March 15: Save Money | Bestie Day

- March 19: Save Money

- March 20: Find a Prom Date

- March 23: Break the piggy bank

- March 24: Dress shopping with Lolly

- March 30: Promenade Party

- April 5: MY BIRTHDAY!

I want to call Zane right now but I feel like I don’t need to do that. I can feel Josh Hutcherson’s eyes staring at me. “Got ya!” I say at him. God. I’m crazy. I want him – Not Josh – to call me. I don’t don’t want to see his face. I want to feel his reddish lips, again. Is it too much to ask for that? I bolt out of my house and walk, just to smell some fresh air. I walk my way to the park. Whenever I go here, I feel like a kid again. I used to run everywhere here. The trees have big trunks and branches. The meadow here is perfect (Half of this park is meadow.). The kids playing everywhere.

I sit on the bench and take a deep inhale and exhale then smile. Someone sits beside me but I don’t care. “Pick-a-boo! Pikachu!” I jump and look at the person beside me. He’s grinning at me. It’s Rory Tames. “Sorry. Did I startle you?” He says, still grinning at me.