Chapter 11

We’re still in his bedroom. More specific, on his bed. Zane and I are just staring at the ceiling. I heard him sigh, and I smile. I finally say, “Zane. Sometimes… you’re an arsehole.

“Yeah?” He grins.

“Yeah.” I smirk.

He shifts his body, facing me, and puts his leg on top of mine. He puts his arm around me and pushes me to him. “You want some butty? Bacon butty?”

“What’s butty?” We both laugh.

“A sandwich. Bacon sandwich.” He smirks at me. I look at him, confused. “British.” He quickly adds. Then I nod. He smiles at me.

We go downstairs and he opens the stove. Their kitchen is big. The table is round and big and it can handle 5-7 persons/sits.  Its color is shining brown. So are the chairs. Zane fries some bacons, “You know. I’d been chucked once.” Then I stare at him. I’m blinking. “My bad. I’d been expelled once.”

British.” I emphasize the word. He laughs at me. His smile is almost perfect. His dimples are showing. And I kiss his cheek.

“Here!” He hands me the bacon sandwich and I eat it with a delightful expression. “Was I good?”

I look at him.

I know what he means.

For some reason, I blush. Then he bursts out laughing. “Shut up.” But that makes him laugh even harder. He starts to clap his hands. I roll my eyes at him, somehow irritated but still blushing.

“Oh, come on. Caassshhhmmeeerreeee. Caaassshhh-eewwww-meerre. Cashew.” He walks toward me, he hugs me from behind and I jerk away. “Please forgive me?” He’s giving me a wide puppy eyes look. Then I smirk.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

The doorbell rings again. Ding!

It’s Zane’s parents.

“Hi. Mrs. Williams.” I say. She looks at me from head to toe. Then I look at myself, too. Oh god. I’m still wearing Zane’s clothes. The t-shirt is big for me. The shorts, it’s okay. I smile at her. I glance at Zane and mouth help. He smirks. Mr. Williams enters the house and looks at me. Shocked, too. Mrs. Williams speaks,

“Hello, Cashmere.” She smiles at me and gives Zane an ‘explain this to me’ look. I glance at Zane over my shoulder.

“Um. She was wet. I mean, not wet wet but wet. You know, water. My fault.” He adds then grins. Mr. and Mrs. Williams nod. Satisfied?

“Would you like to eat with us, Cashmere?” Mr. William asks me.

“Nope. But thank you for offering me. I already ate.” I smile at him. “I should be going.” Mr. and Mrs. Williams smile at me. Zane gives me a ‘where are you going?’ look. I want to spend more time with Zane. Alone. But I think, it would be awkward now that Zane’s parents are in the house. I smile at them and walk away. Someone grabs my wrist.

“Where are you going?” Zane asks me.

“Going home.” I said. “My parents are looking for me, I think.”

“At least, let me give you a ride. Just wait here. Okay?” I nod.  

***

Time is gold. I want to spend more time with Zane. I want to touch him, kiss him, and tease him. I sigh. I look at the clock and then remember something. The party. The twins’ party. I quickly turn on the shower and wash my body. I wear a white tunic dress and a white boots. I shout over my shoulder “See ya’ later, mom!” then I shut the door. I stare at the night sky. The stars are bright. So is the moon. They are twinkling like jewels. They are shining bright.