chapter 7

Spyro pov.

Darkness. It was all that I could see. I barely remember anything. I remember that dark dragon. Mckenzie. Rapid rivers. Me yelling and screaming. pain from agony yelling. I remember most but not all.

I need to wake up and find the others. I try to pry my eyes open but there like sealed shut. Then i hear words, soft and feminine like sounds.

" ro....spy...ro...spyro!...spyro!"
I faintly hear it, then it hits me like a big explosion. I open my eyes groggily and groan from my body aching from pain.

" spyro please get up! ". The same voice calls. I also seem to regconize that sweet, soft voice. Mckenzie.

" ugh, m-my head, w-what happened ". I was able to make out a sentence, before I groan and grunt from pain in my chest, I felt pain in my left leg and my right side.

" spyro, your hurt come on you need to get up so I can help you ". Mckenzie says with worried eyes.

" I-i can't ". Pain is all I could feel as I try to push my body up with little to no energy left in my body.

" hold on ". She says as she begins to put my weight onto her body to help with the lift.

" thanks ". I say as she chuckles lightly.

" don't thank me yet, we've still got to find a way out of here before it gets to dark ". She replied as I slowly nod.

Timeskip~

Soon enough we've only been walking in thick forest full of big long green tress, with different animals and plants.

I could feel McKenzie slightly tired as she tries to hold my body against hers. I try once again to stand on all fours. Once I do pain courses through my whole body as I cry out before falling.

" s-spyro! ". She calls out, as I began to breathe heavily and my heart beat fast and faster.

" let's just rest, I know your t-tired ". I say as she doesn't argue and begins to collect woods for a fire. Once she collects enough wood she places them in a circle.

" do you think you can blow a little fire for me? ". She asked as I slowly sit up and blow little but enough fire to light up the wood.

Once the fire has been going for long enough, it's gotten darker and McKenzie began to wrap herself around my body.

She's warm. I start to scoot closer to feel the warmth against her body. I hear her giggle before she sighs. I smile as I feel slightly better, even though I couldn't forget the pain.

" I love you spyro ". She says as I smile even more and snuggle even more.

" I love you to McKenzie ". I reply softly as she leans her head on top of mine and cuddles us closer.

Ember pov.

After we lost spyro and McKenzie in the rapids, flame had been taking down by the dragon. we've been stuck either flying or walking to find them.

But we didn't hear them call us back, I knew it wouldn't be until morning. I began to feel very tired, as much I love walking through nature, I feel like my feet are being numbed and I can't feel them.

" hey cynder can we rest, my feet are numb ". I asked as she looks at me and nods.

We began to collect wood and rocks to build the base of the fire. After that's been done and is in a good enough circle I blow a small patch of flame and light the pit.

We smiled happily, we began to just lay down and began to chat about eachother and talk about each others future or past.

" hey cynder? ". I ask. She looks up and hums in response. I sigh before asking.

" well, um, what if you feel someway for someone, but you don't know how to tell them? ". I asked nervous and shyly as she chuckles.

" well, you are in love ember, and the only way for them to know is to tell them face to face ". She replied as I slowly nod.

" why? Do you like someone?". She asked with a smirk plastered on her face. I blush while I look away. I nod as she giggles.

" who is it? Oh! Is it flame? ". She asks alittle more curious and excitedly. I blush even more redder and nod again making her squeal.

I roll my eyes and laugh at her little reactions.

" what about you? ". I ask as she shrugs and looks up into the sky.

" I don't know, but I only know that I will find someone, someday ". She responds as I nod and smile. She smiles back.

" we should get some sleep it's been a long day ". I say as she nods. We curled up and fell asleep with the fire still going.

Flame pov.

After of hours losing the dragon, I eventually found myself tired from walking. I began to walk around in the giant forest of nothing just consisting lists of trees and plants. I haven't seen lots of animals though.

But I looked up to see it was starting to get dark.

' I need to build shelter ' I thought before I ran all over collecting rocks and wood. It didn't matter to me which or what kind of wood I got but I got some good ones.

After I got that done I began to set up the base. Then i blew my hot fire into the pit as it lit up and started to crackle and warm up my body in the night.

I wasn't lying when it began to get alittle cold. I was alittle shaky but I held it off. I'm used to the cold wind blowing around me. I had my hot fire to keep me warm.

Soon enough I found myself curled up into a ball and falling asleep. All I heard was quiet chirping and slight wind blowing in the night.

It was peaceful. Quiet. I liked it that way.

' I miss ember ' a thought ran through me as I smiled in my sleep. I did like ember, but I was just another friend to her. I wish I could tell her, then maybe.....

' just maybe '