chapter 10

Ember pov.

" how far are we? ". I asked flying beside cynder who is beside McKenzie who is beside Nero and flame is on the other side of me.

" not far, but be prepared for anything, malefore could have rivals awaiting up ahead. ". Spyro spoke as we saw a lava flying out of the gushers on the lava platform.

" wow " was all I could say looking over all the monsters and hot lava rising and falling in the ground.

" yeah it's bad, but we can fix it since we're a team now ". Flame hovered over a small pillar smiling at me, I blushed and smiled back.

" we're close, keep an eye out for anything that could lead us to malefore lair ". Spyro ordered as everyone basically looked over nothing but lava and little creatures.

" hey spyro! Look up there! ". Nero called as spyro looked up to see a giant cave in a tall mountain surrounded by lava and dark creatures.

" good eye Nero, let's fly! ". We flew up and up till we reached the top of the platform being surrounded in the process.

" ready guys! ". Cynder says as we all get into battle stances ( same as spyro and cynder ).

" let's do this! ". We all began to take down the dark monsters. fire, fear, wind, ice, poison, shards, earth, darkness, soul, ghost, dust, electricity, light blast, reflection, super speed, rock defense, invisibility. All of our skills to use to take down them all and run into the cave safely.

" phew, at least that's over with, where's the cave lead to? ". Flame asked as we emitted light from our mouths.

" just keep walking, we'll find the exit to the otherside ". Spyro replied as we walked through silent but steps from our paws.

" so you guys defeated malefore before? ". Nero asked as spyro replied with an nod. ' yes '

" how'd did he come back so strong, and has over half the world destroyed? " flame confused as everyone was.

" that's what we don't know, but he must of used some type of portal to escape the underworld " spyro responded as they saw something bright.

Soon a bright light emitted from the otherside of the cave. We walked to the end of the cave to stand on the edge and looked over to see more destroyed lands of lava and a huge volcanoe.

" how could he have done this so quick? It doesn't make sense ". Cynder asked in disbelief looking over to see nothing green or beautiful but horrible destruction.

" I don't understand it either cynder, but we have to get rid of him once and for all ". Spyro announced as we smiled and looked over.

" so you guys ready for this?". Spyro asked as we all grinned widely.

" oh yeah! Let's kick some dragon butt! Woohoo! ". Flame beamed happily as we laughed and cheered on.

" then let's finish this once and for all! ". Spyro announced roaring into the air.

" FOR PEACE! ". We all roared as we all spread our wings and flew up heading towards the city above the lava caverns.

We reached the floating cities and it was just beautiful unlike down below.

" it's beautiful just like last time!". Cynder beamed as we smiled and looked around.

" the only thing that still beautiful here ". Nero butted in as we laughed.

" we're almost there guys! ". Spyro said as we landed on one of the islands looking around for anything moving.

" I don't see anything, it doesn't feel......right". I said as on cue monsters started to come out of nowhere and attack.