prologue

Shawn's pov

"Can I tell you something?" Milie asked looking up at me. "Sure what's up." I caressed her hair. She sat up as she let out a deep breathe. "I can't believe I'm going to say this." She mumbled. "I love you. And not just as a friend but as much more." She bit her lower lip. I did the first thing that I could think of and connected our lips. "I won." I whispered as she broke the kiss. Millie's eyes fluttered open and she looked down at her hands in pain. "You're right." She mumbled putting on her shoes. "I .... uh have to go." She quietly said. "What'd I do?" I asked. "Nothing." Milie grabbed her phone, walking out of the my house. I put on a sweatshirt and shoes before running after her. "MILIE WAIT!" I called out. "What?" She asked her voice cracking. "What did I say?" I asked again.

"You won the darn bet. You proved your point. I'll leave you alone. You won't ever hear from me ever again. We'll both forget about this stupid bet and each other." I can tell she was trying to hold back her tears. "But I don't want to forget any of this." I said grabbing her hands but she pulled them back. "Okay then you can remember everything about the bet, but I'm definitely going to forget about it." She said walking away in the rain. I stood there in the middle of the street watching the love of my life walking away.

"You won a long time ago. I'm in love with you." I mumbled to myself.

------------
So uh I erased the book and I'm rewriting it a little bit different. I changed some characters and renaming them. Sorry for any confusion but Ill post soon.