twelve

Camila's pov

"Cami." I felt myself being shook. My eyes flutter open and I see Sofi. "Yes?" I mumbled. "I'm hungry." She says. I remove Shawn's arm from around my waist to get up, however that didn't go as plan. "Come back to bed." Shawn mumbles pulling me back to him. "I'm going to give Sofia breakfast." I tell him. "I'll go with." He says untangling his arm from me and sitting up properly. "Can you make me pancakes?" Sofia asks. "Of course sweetie." She squeals jumping up and runs across the hall to her room. "Can Nate come over?" She yells. "Yes." I call out to her as I walk to my bathroom to brush my teeth. Walking out, I grab Shawn's shirt putting it on. Upon reaching the living room, I find Sofia, Nate, and Shawn sitting on the couch playing. I walk past them to the kitchen to make all four of us pancakes.

The three children come into the kitchen and sit on the table. "Are they almost ready?" Sofia asks. "Yes. Can one of you please get the syrup out please. And another four plates and cups." I instructed. They each get up putting everything on the table. Finishing off the last batch, I placed a big stack of pancakes in the center of the table. I walk to the refrigerator taking out the orange juice. I poured the juice in the cups and sit next to Shawn. "Okay grab as many pancakes as you intend on eating." I tell them. Sofi, Nate and I grab two where as Shawn grabbed three. I leaned over pouring syrup on the kids' pancakes before doing the same to mine. I hand the syrup over to Shawn before we all dig in.

"Where's Ally?" Sofia asks. "She slept over at a friend's house." I tell her. "She'll be back later." Shawn adds. "Is Jade still sleeping?" I ask Nate. He nods his mouth filled with pancake bits. "We're done Cami." Nate and Sofi say. "Can we play out in the backyard?" Sofia asks. "Yeah just be careful." I tell them. They run to the backyard leaving Shawn and I eating. "I'll clean up. You can go watch over the kids." I tell Shawn. He nods walking out to the backyard. Taking all the plates, I place them in the sink to wash them. After doing so, I walk out to the backyard to find the kids and Shawn playing what I believe is hide and seek.

"Camila." Ally greets through the phone. "Good morning to you too Ally." I giggle. "We're going to a party later so make sure you let Shawn know." She says. "I'll be over in about an hour." She adds. She doesn't even let me protest and hangs up. Shawn sits next to me and looks out to the two kids who were now crisscross on the grass talking. "So apparently we're going to a party." I let Shawn know. "Says who?" He questions. "Ally." I say. Jade bursts into the backyard and sits on my lap. "Had fun." I laugh. "Uh huh." She hums. "Pregnant?" I ask. "No." She scolds. I laugh as I scoot so she can properly sit. "So we're going to a party." Jade informs me. "Yeah. I just finished talking to Ally." I tell her.

"I'm going to drop off the kids at your house." I tell Jade. She nods to me not looking away from the television. "Sofi, lets go get you packed up so you can go to Nate's. Both the kids get up and run up the stairs. I can hear the various thuds of the drawers being open and shut. She zips up her backpack within a few minutes and drags me down the stairs. We leave our through the front and Nate opens the door to his house. "Mommy!" Nate tells. "We're here!" He adds. "Kitchen." I heard Mrs. Thirlwall say. "Thank you for letting Sofia stay." I say walking into the kitchen. "It's the least I can do with you taking care of Jade." She laughs. I chuckle nodding. "Bye Sofi. Make sure you listen to what Norma tells you." She nods as I kiss her cheek. "Thank you so much. And let me know if she causes any trouble. "Of course. Have fun tonight." I smile and leave.

"Do I have to go?" I complain to Ally and Jade. "Yes. Now get ready." Ally instructs. I groan and sit at my vanity to start doing my makeup. I decided on not overdoing it so I stuck with a natural look. I did the usual before spraying setting spray to lock it into place. I move onto curling my long hair. Half an hour later, I am done and spray a bit of hairspray. I walk to my closet debating on what I should wear. Ally and Jade both want me to wear a dress but I really don't want to. Instead I pick out a white pair of skinny jeans and a black tube top. "Can I wear this instead of the dress you picked out?" I asked. Jade looks at the outfit I picked out and nods. I place the outfit on my bed and just sit there while I was on my phone.