Chapter 8

Firstly guys, I'm superrrrrrr sorry! It's my fault! Wendy got this out like super early but I just totally slacked and didn't do a single thing about it. Lol! Uhhh it's not edited, so I'm really sorry if you're confused for the thoughts part. I'll edit it when I get home, like um at 7, which is GMT+8, if you're wondering, so yea.

Happy reading! (: love you for sticking with this! <3

-----

Chapter 8

Bryce's POV

I had not caught a single hour of sleep last night. The only time I had managed to doze off, I had dreamt of the kiss with Charna, but only sweeter and more passionate. In my dream we weren't kissing on the porch, but in my big soft bed... and I'd rather keep the details to myself. Well... All I am saying is that you could probably guess what, or rather, who, was on my mind that actually kept me up all night.

After my alarm beeped at 8am, I sighed. Since I did not expect myself to stop thinking about her anytime soon, I might as well get out of bed, and probably do something about it.

While pondering over her last night, I had to constantly remind myself that I was not in love with her. Well she has a great figure, but obviously that meant nothing to me... right? Yeah right, convince yourself all you want.

My ringing phone snapped me out of my thoughts. Thinking it was Charna, I literally rushed over to my iPhone, tripping over a pile of dirty clothes along the way. Regardless of how I so DID NOT love her, I was still keen on making a better impression on her, compared to Stone. Seriously, Stone has to be the gayest guy in this world. I mean, what does Charna see in him anyway? Is it even normal to be so... gay for a straight guy? He's such a disgrace to all of mankind! I reached my phone dock.

"Hey Charna!" I lowered my voice in an attempt to sound cool, still a little breathless from the short sprint across my Olympic-stadium-sized room.

However, there was silence on the other end.

"HELLO?!" I snapped impatiently into the phone. Then, immediately remembering about making a good impression on the only girl on this whole earth who did not like me, I softened my voice. "Erm... hello?"

"Ahem, any secret girlfriends that you wanna tell me about?" I could almost imagine Jess raising an eyebrow, smirking away.

Oh. My. Freaking. Shit.

"Erm... Hi Jess," I mumbled into the phone. Awkward.

She chuckled. It was another one of her I-know-something-you-don't chuckles which I detested.

'A...nyway... Just called to tell you, If you want to keep your face in front of the media, you better make a move."

"Are you telling me to take Charna out on a... a date?"I mustered up my A-list acting skills, pretending to be disgusted but confused at this, but deep inside, my heart was somersaulting like an Olympic gymnast at the thought of replacing Stone across the table, staring across at her beautiful face, laughing along with her musical, bell-like laughter.

"Yes! Good boy!" - I scowled -" Hint hint: Try not to be a jerk!" Jess laughed then continued, "Okay I'll leave you to call Charna. I bet you're already bursting with excitement... Don't deny it!" She sang, and the line was dead.

I groaned and buried my face in my hands. Was it that easy to see that I was in -- not in love, I mean, wait, does that even make sense. "Ugh," I said out loud, sounding really gay at that moment. Man, what happened to cool and suave Bryce Martin who got girls swooning and begging to kiss his feet? He got owned by the most beaut-- Shut up!