Chapter 4

Jake's P.O.V

Katherine entered the bar and I locked up the car, sensing people staring at it. Maybe I should have taken another less luxurious car, after all in this dirty neighbourhood of London you don’t see many Mercedeses, and mine was a blinded limited edition which was not yet presented in europian market. But what is don’t cant be undone, plus I’m very fond of this car. I looked up at the neon sign “The Grill” , half  of the neons tilting on and off and then entered the bar.

***************************** 3 Doors Down – Kryptonite music playing *********************************************

The average kind of view for an American grill , but odd here in London. The owner Michelle , a former American woman, smiled looking down at us and came hugging Katherine as she friendly punched my arm. She was stunning , with golden curly  hair and green eyes and a smile that makes u stare right at it like you had been spelled.

- Kathy my beloved, how are you ? said Michelle in her marvelous voice.

- I’m fine babe, what about you ? teased Katherine.

- Well, I still manage to live through the day, she answered, looking good Jake , she continued.

- Thanks Michelle, you’re not looking bad yourself considering the fact you are 163, 200 ..or what years old ? I replied teasing her.

-She laughed fully and the sound of her voice echoed on the whole bar.

-Funny boy, she said poking my cheek , but next time be more careful with your attitude towards a lady, she said now squeezing my neck with her hand, especially when it’s about her age, she finished now holding me up by my throat my feet not reaching the ground.

I looked down at Katherine who told Michelle to take it easy, because there were people around. Just then , she let go of me making me fall down. I stood up, looked in her eyes and next thing u know she slapped herself. I smiled proud with how good I was getting in using my powers, when in the meantime, Michelle’s eyes got pitch dark as she started to breathe heavily.

- Ummm Katherine … I said not taking my eyes from Michelle who was obviously loosing her self-control .

- Michelle STOP IT !!! screamed Katherine looking frustrated.

Michelle’s eyes got normal as she looked at us confused, apologized then called her assistant and ordered him to give us everything we needed and after apologizing again she went away.

Next thing I was loading suitcases with weapon on my car and started to drive away. I looked Kathy and then asked her telepathically

*Are you ok ? *

*Yup what about you ?* she replied still looking out of the window.

J * Well I’m not going to get any friendlier around that crazy b*tch again than today, she’s got serious problems*

K * Yeah I understand … sorry about that …*

J * No problem, it was not your fault anyway. *

************************************** 15 minutes of total silence ******************************************************

J * So where to now ?*

K * Let’s go and meet Thaurus.*

J *Seriously ?! Again going to meet that nuts paranoiac half wizard ?!*

K * Yup we’re going to Albania again.*

J * But why ? I don’t get it. *

K * I have something to confirm, there’s …anyway look it the other way, you’re gona get drunk with those Albanians with that drink, What was the name of it…*

J * Raki*

K * Yeah that stuff. *

J * Okay but this time I’ll take some with me, since you owe me one *

She looked at me angry but gave up.

- Fine, she opened her mouth. I smirked and started to drive faster.

************************************** TROPOJA , ALBANIA , SOUTHWEST EUROPE ****************************

I stopped the car, turned the engine off, and looked out of the window. The place was dirty, not civilized , looked like god had forgot about this place or as if it was angry at these brave people living in this part of the world for centuries.

I got out of the car and so did Katherine. We were standing in front of an old one floor building. We entered this kind of traditional bar and looked around. There were all this people smoking, conversing and having shots of “Raki” and they didn’t even notice us. Most of them were drunk. I started searching for Thaurus, and I finally found him. He was sitting at a table at the end all alone , having shots of drinks over and over. We went there and sat on the table. He looked at us, and all of the sudden his face turned white.

- Is there anything wrong ?! I asked raising an eyebrow.

- Not English but speak Albanian so we wont take too many attention on us, at least while we are still inside, said Thaurus in a low tone.

I was getting ready to protest but Katherine looked at me and telepathically told me to do as he said.

- Pra Thaurus si je ? ( So Thaurus how are you ? ) I asked him smirking.

- Pse jeni ketu ? Katherine ? (Why are you here ? Katherine ? ) he asked looking at her.

- Thaurus duhet te flasim, Jake na prit ketu te lutem. ( Thaurus you and I need to talk, Jake wait us here please. ) Said Katherine and after giving her the car keys they both went away. I was confused at Katherine’s behaviour , but when she got that serious is better to follow what she says.

Anyway I’m here so why not enjoy my favourite drink in the whole world. I thought to myself.

- Me sill tre dopjo Raki ketu o i zoti i vendit. ( Hey buddy bring me three double shots of Raki.)

Katherine’s P.O.V

I got out of the bar with Thaurus following me, entered the car and started driving away.

- Thaurus I want to speak with you about the prophecy including Jake.

- Not here, wait until we arrive at my cave, he answered shortly.

I did as he told and once entered the cave, I was about to ask him again, when I felt a pair of hands on my neck and the next moment I lose conciousness ………

***************************************************************************************************************************

- One out, one to go, said Matthew .

- Where is the other one wizard ? continued Matthew.

-Down at the bar, he’s sitting alone, answered Thaurus , so I owe no more to Nickolaus right ? I’m free right ?

Matthew ripped off the old man’s head before he could do something.

- Yeah consider yourself free …………