Chapter Four: Escape from the Magic Kingdom

The Kingdom had fallen. King Mickey and his forces had been defeated and where no held on a dungeon, the civilians of the Magic Kingdom's towns had been forced into lives without happiness, the sky remained a dark grey color and was covered by many clouds. The Palace of Light's white colored had been replaced by various shades of grey and black. Most of the gardens had died, only few remained filled with life, and this was only for the fact that they were protected by some spells Donald Duck had casted some weeks ago.

The Palace's walls where being watched by some trolls and hyenas, whilst the remaining minions patrolled the streets of the Kingdom, searching for any known heroes that lived on the capital, who might be in the hiding. One of them being Princess Anna, who lead the small group of Princesses who had been previously attacked by Jafar, the former Dark Vizier of Agrabah. They where hiding on a secret room of Kristoff's former Ice Shop, "We can hide here until we get further notice... It's not the most comfortable space, but keep in mind that this is where Kristoff store some of the Stone Troll's magic..." The light redhead commented with a soft frown as she closed the door after taking a small look outside. She gave the other princesses a small comforting smile as she walked towards a small bookshelf where some remaining magic could be found. "Maybe something here could take us out of the Kingdom and seek for help." Anna commented mostly to herself as she began searching a bookshelf.

Tiana stood up and walked towards the wooden door, she opened it and left the room. She was wearing her casual yellow dress, and her black hair was tied in a messy bun. She opened the door that lead to the Main Street of the kingdom, and looked around, noticing some goblins on the far distance she quickly thought of something. "I think I have an idea..." She said quickly yet quietly as she closed both wooden doors. "The alleyway in front of this shop leads to the Forest, there we can follow Aurora to her old cottage and take shelter there during the night, and once we have daylight we keep traveling to the Charming Kingdom." She said.

"Alright... How do we do that without getting caught?" Aurora asked her friend as she stood up, flipped her long blonde hair, and crossed her arms in a sassy manner. "Whilst I do think it is our only option on getting out of the Capital, I believe that this will for sure give us too much attention once we are on the street." The princess and soon-to-be ruler of the Sleeping Kingdom said, quickly glancing towards the other princesses and noticing that they agreed with her comments regarding Tiana's escape plan.

"I know that, Aurora. But it is our only option." The famous chef and princess said firmly as her brown eyes turned to look at Aurora's purple eyes. Aurora simply sighed and agreed with Tiana's plan. "Alright, do you all want to rest some more time, or do we leave now?" She asked.

The remaining three princesses, and Tiana had all looks of confidence as they all exited the establishment and walked through the once crowded and loud Main Street. They walked quickly, yet quietly as they made their way to the alleyway right on the other side of the street. Belle was the lookout, Anna the guide, and both Tiana and Aurora were ready for any possible attack from the Forces of Darkness.

Once the four princesses arrived safely to the alleyway, they began to walk even quicker as they began to head to the Enchanted Forest. Meanwhile, some feet away from the group of ladies, some Goblins guarded one of the entrances to the Forest. "Stay alert. It appears that there are still some light beings around. The Sea Witch ordered to apprehend anyone who walks through 'ere." A fat and extremely ugly goblin, with a long nose said firmly to the other goblins in the zone.

"Shh... Do you hear that?" Belle said in a whisper as she heard the goblins up ahead. Her hazel eyes widened as she realized that they had little to no odds of escaping the kingdom if every entrance to the Enchanted Forest was being watched by the dark beings. "I don't think we will be able to get passed whatever is on the entrance." She commented under her breath, moving some hair from her face.

Anna simply rolled her eyes as she kept walking, stopping suddenly and turning to look at the rest of the group. "Just have hope! We can do this!" She said simply but kindly, both of her braids began to wave thanks to the brief waves of wind that flew through the dungeon. "It's all going to be okay!" The princess of Arendelle said, turning back once again and continuing to walk towards the entrance to the forest. They had been able to get passed the trolls and goblins, who had been scouting the perimeter, pretty easily which really relived the group of princesses, that is, until Aurora accidentally hit a trashcan.

"There they are! The princesses that Jafar said were missing!" A troll said loudly as he ran towards the group of princesses, waving maniacally his stick. "They're entering the Forest!" He yelled, chasing after the princesses, not caring at all if he had backup or not, he just wanted to capture them. The troll let out a small yet loud growl as he was hit in a face with various sticks and rocks that Aurora and Tiana had thrown at him.

"Take this you pesky beast!" Anna said as she and Belle combined their strength to throw a medium sized boulder, knocking the troll down. "Let's get out of here! Now!" Anna said firmly and in a whisper like voice as she made a run for it, Belle and Aurora following her to the last's former cottage, they where all in such a hurry that they didn't seemed to notice that Tiana had been taken hostage by the goblins that arrived soon after their quick escape.