Chapter 2

Mark's POV

I was playing with Chica on the couch when I heard the doorbell ring. I went to the door but all I saw was a package. I picked up the package and found that it was surprisingly light. I back to my couch and opened the package. It had a note at the top so I thought that it would be best to open first. The note said "Hey Mark, let's play a game. Sean is already playing. I don't think he wants to play by himself anymore." As soon as I read it I dropped the note and looked through the rest of the box to see what else was in there, but all I found was bubble wrap and a white paper at the bottom. I picked up the paper with shaky hands thinking it might have been the return address. Instead, when I looked at the paper I saw a picture of Jack, gagged and bleeding from his head. He didn't look conscious in the photo. I put the picture on the couch and picked the note back up. I looked at the back of the note and saw the address 76398 N Charleston Dr. on it and the words "Come alone Saturday at noon if you want to see Jack alive again!"

I read the note on the back dozens of times to see if I had read it wrong. When I realized that I had read it right and that Jack was actually in danger I started to freak out.

Mark pull yourself together. You can get him back alive, just do what the note tells you.

Then I checked the day and saw that it was Friday at midnight. Where did the day go? 

I went to my room and got in bed so that I could leave early the next day. Although, no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get the image of my unconscious best friend out of my head. As I layed in bed all I could think was I'm to get you back, Jack. No matter what it takes.

---------------------------------

Hey Everyone. I know, I know, this chapter is also very short, but I didn't want this one to drag on any longer that it had to. I am trying to make longer chapters however the first few chapters will have to be short as introduce everything and I also want you guys to have something to read because a short chapter is better than no chapter. Also let me know if you have a recommendations or guesses as to what will happen later in the story, please put them in the comments and I will try to respond to as many as I can.

Lots of love,

Bethany