Chapter 22

Ethan's POV

"What do you mean that everything was packed?" I asked, concerned.

"I mean that something happened for an hour and I have no memory of it whatsoever!" Nate said back, throwing his arms up in the air and turning around.

"Something has to be going on there then." Ken said.

"Yeah, we should all go check it out." Felix popped in.

"Then let's get going!" Bob chipped in.

We went in two different cars. In Mark's car there was Mark, Bob, Wade, and me and in Nate's there were Nate, Ken, Felix, and MatPat. We were on the phone with the other car on speaker so we could tell them all about the notes that we had found at my apartment.

"Are you sure it said they, right?" MatPat said over the phone.

"Positive, we read it like 100 times." Mark responded.

"Also it said that they couldn't last much longer." I said after.

"What do you think that that means?" Wade asked.

There was silence on the other end but it spoke louder than words. We knew what it meant. And we had to hurry because of it.

We pulled into the driveway after the others. When we got out of the car we all went in after Nate unlocked the door. When we got inside I felt like I heard something faint.

"Does anyone else hear that?" I asked skeptically.

"No." Everyone was saying until...

"I hear it." Mark said with wide eyes.

"So, you both breathed in the dust then." Some said from Nate's direction.

"Umm, Nate are you alright?" I said I started to slowly walk towards him.

"You know I thought that fucker Nate would say something. He just can't listen to his fucking head a single darn time." The voice said as Nate started to turn around.

His eyes were washed out black and his hair seemed to be even blacker than usual, like all the light had faded into the abyss. He didn't seem to have any light in the eyes either. It looked like all the happiness had been drained from his face. Even with him smiling all you could see is pure evil. His face also seemed to have grown two stripes down his face in a dark blackish blue coming from his eyes. We all just looked at him not saying anything.

"I thought from a bunch like you that one of you would at least say something." He said smiling wider as he looked each and every one of us directly in the eyes.

Mark was the first to speak, "Wh-who are you and wh-where is Jack?" His voice was quivering but he was still standing his ground.

His smile got bigger as he slowly walked over to Mark as he got closer you could tell that Mark wanted shrink but he stood strong, "Oh look the big, bad Markiplier. Look at you, you don't look so big and bad now. Now, now you just look pathetic." He said that last part inches from Mark's face. "Now to answer your questions, let's see you all seem to already know who I am."

"You're Nate's alter ego." I blurted out when I figured it out, not able to help myself, then shutting up real fast.

He stopped paying attention to Mark and walked over to me. The closer he got the more I wanted to curl into a little ball. His eyes looked even worse up close, like what even was in there died  long time ago. Then when he was inches from my face, he stuck his arm up and picked off a strand of my blue hair. As he looked at it he said, "I thought you would be a little bit stupider with all this stupid blue hair dye making its way into your little fucking brain." He then in one quick motion, he grabbed my shoulder, spun behind me, and put a knife against my neck, pressing it down so I knew not to try and struggle. He still had a grasp on my shoulder and before I knew what happened he used his other arm to grab my arm and shoved my arm behind my back. It went by so fast that I barely knew what was happening until it had happened. I was suddenly very aware of how I was breathing because I was worried that it would cause the knife to cut into the skin of the side of my neck. Everyone else had a look of shock on their faces. None of them moved, probably because they were worried that if they made a sudden movements than he might slit my throat.

"Now how about you guys go up against that wall, or this little bitch gets it." He said looking my face while he talked about me. He puts on his smile and it looks 10 times creepier from the angle that he was in. I wanted to drop to the ground but I didn't dare doing anything that would cause him to slit my throat.

Everyone went to the wall that he was indicating. "Good." He said eerily still looking at my face not breaking eye contact. "Now I have something I need to do." He started to cut across my neck and I feel blood come down my neck and then all I saw was blackness.

---------------------------

Hey Guys,

So this is by far my longest chapter. Sadly this is going to be one of my last chapters in this story. :( But I still have one or two more chapters left. And I know that this is all very different from all the other chapters, this might actually be my favorite chapter that I have written. Also I think that I will try and update next Friday because that way I can write the way I want to. It is just the way that I need to write this so. Well I have to go write the next chapter, so...

Lots of Love, 

Bethany