The Silent Misadventures (4)

I spent the rest of the day handcuffed to the pool table. They always leave the handcuffs on too tight. They suffocate your wrists and cut into the raw flesh of healing cuts. Connor didn't bother to come back and feed me, or have me moved to the usual spot, so I was forced to sleep sitting up.

I woke up the next day, but I kept my eyes closed. I can hear the roar of an engine. We're back in the van. I didn't hear any other soft whispers, but I did here the rattling of chains. I move my arms a little bit, and they still hurt like crazy. I hear my own handcuffs moving as I move my arms. In the van there's bars along the sides and ceiling and floor, so you can get get chained to them. I'm chained to the left side of the van. There's also a curtain and behind that there's a plexiglass screen to separate us from the driver

I don't really know anyone else in this van well. We mostly have to be quiet, so we don'ts have time to talk.

I open up my eyes and before I can do anything, I hear a voice.

"Hey, hey, good morning, princess." A raspy voice said next to me.

My face lights up and I turn towards Rass. We call him, Rass, because of his raspy voice, obviously. We all kinda make up names for each other, based on certain ways we look, or things we do. Rass is my best friend. He's the smartest one here, and he said that there's even people who aren't like us, who live a happy life with no fighting. He even taught me a special way to communicate. You tap on something a certain amount of times to make letters and words. It took me a whole year to learn that from him. I'd also hate to admit it, but he is good looking, too. He has dark brown hair, dark brown eyes, but pale skin, and he's older than me too. Most people think that we are brothers. Rass even told me that he wasn't here all the time either. I mean, that he was taken from his home and forced into this.

I beam a smile at him.

"So...not to make ya upset er anythin, but, uh," Rass takes some time to figure out what he wants to say to me. "Fleck, you know, that...Connor was actually impressed by yer fightin yesterday. I'm sorry that ya had to do that. I remember my...first time." He pauses then lowers his voice to a faint whisper. "I wanna get us and anyone else out of here, who wants to get out." Rass coughs through his words. Whispering really puts strain on his voice.

I nod in response.

"Aye, wouldn't that be nice, huh Fleck?" He says smiling at me. Rass actually gave me that name when he came here. I didn't have a name before. I was just called, "kid", like everyone else is before they get their names. Sometimes you won't even get a name. Anyway, Rass noticed I has some freckles across my nose and under my eyes, so he named me Fleck.

I nod smiling.

"I have something else to tell ya too. It's important." Rass says lowering his voice again. Rass opens up his mouth to say something, but the van stops moving.

The back doors open up, and it's the first sunlight I've felt on my skin in a while.

✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰

Authors note~

Yeah that's all I've got for now. Updating more tomorrow :D. Please check out my other stories, share, vote, comment, and follow if you wanna. Have a fringetastic day <3

✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰