Chapter V.

IM AWARE THE SHOW TAKES PLACE IN NEW YORK, BUT BECAUSE I WANTED THEM TO GO TO SEE THE BALL DROP/GO BY PLANE, I'M GOING TO HAVE THIS STORY TAKE PLACE IN CHICAGO. THE BOYS LIVE IN CHICAGO AND FLY TO NEW YORK.

        ❁ PHILIP ❁

We packed our clothes. We napped. We ate a meal. We drove to the airport at 12:19 A.M.

"Are you sure you want to do this? It's not too late to turn around and never look back," I suggested. I wouldn't admit it, but water wasn't my only fear.

Mom never liked flying, so I never have, either. I didn't want to tell Lukas this, but I had a feeling he figured it out because once we got on the plane, I tensed up. He looked at me with concern, but I just shrugged it off.

"What?" He questioned.

"It's nothing, I just haven't-"

"Are you afraid of flying?" Lukas asked, grabbing my hand and squeezing it gently, trying to calm my nerves.

"I haven't before. My mom didn't like flying, so we'd always drive anywhere we went."

"Well, I can promise you it'll be fine," he, and I tried to relax. Lukas rubbed circles into my hand and spoke in a soothing voice.

I rested my head on his shoulder and my eyes felt a thousand pounds.

**

When I woke up, I looked over at Lukas to see he was asleep. He looked so peaceful, a small smile on his face and his head tilted back.

It was still dark outside, and according to my phone, we only have about an hour left before we arrive in New York.

**

"We will arrive in approximately 30 minutes. It is recommended that you stay in your seat from now up until then, for the safety of you and fellow travelers. Thank you," a man over the intercom said.

The sound of his voice made Lukas stir in his sleep, and a few seconds later, he opened his eyes. He ran a hand through his hair and looked outside the window of the plane, then looked over at me and smiled.

"See? Told you we'd be alright."

"We haven't landed yet, bud," I said, chuckling.

"Trust me, we're fine. I'm more afraid of dying or starvation than of turbulence or something. We're getting something in the airport when we land."

"We're going to be in New York City, and you want airport food? I think not," I reminded him.

"Fine. But I'm getting a bag of chips, at least," Lukas groaned, and I just laughed and nodded. He glared at me.

"It's not going to be funny when I die because I haven't eaten in like, seven hours."

"Lukas, it's hardly been that long. You can survive a few more minutes without eating," I said.

"Yeah, says that one who's stomach isn't eating itself, basically," he said

"I don't think your stomach is eating itself."

"But it basically is. I could eat a horse. Do you have a horse? Cause I could eat one right now."

"You're such a nerd," I said, shaking my head.

"A hungry nerd," he scuffed.

A/N: alright so yes, i know y'all want to read about their trip in NY, but this chapter is just the plane ride.. the next few chapters will be their trip there. i'm thinking one
chapter it new year's eve, and one is the day after, where they're just walking around the city, being in love and all. how does that sound? lemme know!!

remember to vote/comment if you're liking the story & want more ((: