Chapter 3

━━━━━━━━━

Chapter 3

━━━━━━━━━

"Bree, come sit down and tell us." Leo said as he guided me over to the living room.

"Well I may or may not have had a dream that Chase was going to kiss me during our hsm marathon last night." I started. Leo and Adam looked at each other then back to me so I continued.

"Then Chase wanted to know so I lied then we went to bed. Then, this morning I found him making breakfast without a shirt on-" I was stopped by Leo.

"Again? Seriously? Dude put a shirt on, you have a lady in the house." Leo exclaimed.

"Anyway, I ran to my room and Chase saw me so he followed. He started asking about how I've been acting weird lately and I couldn't answer. So now I'm here." I finished.

"Bree, you're going to have to tell him sometime." Adam said.

"No she can't! She'd be breaking the buddies rule." Leo said suddenly.

"What's the buddies rule?" Adam and I asked.

"It's when a guy and a girl are best friends. One of them always ends up falling for the other, but if they end up dating then they're breaking up they're friendship. Thus, the buddies rule." Leo said with a smile. Adam and I exchanged looks before speaking up.

"Leo, I don't think that's right." I said.

"Yeah, I've never heard of that." Adam continued.

"I know, I made it up. But seriously Bree, what if he doesn't feel the same way?" Leo explained. I sighed as I thought about the inevitable. I knew for a fact Chase didn't feel the same way.

"I know. Chase probably doesn't feel the same way. You're right Leo, I won't tell him." I said as I thought more.

"Wait, what do I do? Chase is all mad at me." I whined.

"Bree, you just need to get over Chase. Get someone new." Leo said.

"I think Bree and Chase would be great together." Adam replied. I smiled back at him.

"No! She can't break the buddies rule!" Leo yelled back.

"Dude, that's not even a real thing." Adam laughed at Leo.

"Look Leo. Don't worry, I won't say anything." I sighed.

"I'm sorry Bree. It's just the way it's supposed to be. What if you two broke up, you'd lose him forever." Leo explained. Another valid point by the dream crusher.

"Bree, can I talk to you alone for a second?" Adam said as he stood up and led me back to his room.

"What's up?" I asked as he shut he door.

"Bree, I really think that Chase likes you. Forget about that whole buddies rule thing. I think I have a plan." Adam said.

"What is it?" I asked as his smile got brighter.

"Do you want to see Chase get jealous?" Adam said with a smile.

"Well yeah if it would prove he likes me. But who would I date anyway?" Adam looked down at me.

"Bree, will you be my fake girlfriend?" Adam asked. I just looked at him with shock. But then, the plan started to fit together.

"Of course Adam." I said in a sarcastic tone. He smiled back at me.

"Alright, so how should we tell Chase and Leo?" Adam asked.

"How about we all go down to the pizza place tonight and we'll tell them then." I wondered aloud.

"That's perfect. But how did we get together? We need the backup story." Adam explained.

"Well, Chase had said I've been acting weird for a little bit so we'll say that we've been secretly dating for like 2 weeks. And... I don't know about the rest." I left off then looked to Adam.

"Just say that you like older men, and I was the coolest one ever. Then I'll say I'm like a man cougar." Adam punched the air as if he had a million dollar idea.

"Adam you're only a year older than me. That doesn't classify as older men or as... cougar." I said slowly. This whole "dating" thing would be a lot harder than I thought.

━━━━━━━━━

Thanks for reading!

Vote, Comment, or Follow either me or music501 when you can!

~Shay