Chapter 5-Mr Downey is that you?

Recap

It was about 10pm so I started to drive home. I like to drive when it is dark because it is very quiet outside. I rolled down my window to see a man who looked slightly familiar walking down the street but he was being followed by a group of what looked like to be angry street racers, they looked like they were Clay’s friends. Then I heard one of them shout “GET HIM”. They all started to chase him, he was fast but they were faster. They grabbed him and took him in to a nearby ally way. What has my night turned into?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I quickly parked my car and got out. I put my black hoodie on and ran to the corner of the alley and stopped. I could hear fighting. I pocked my head around the corner to see one man on the ground and another 6 surrounding and attacking a man. I put my hood up and ran down the alley. “HEY WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING” I shouted. Some of them stopped to look at me then got ready to attack me. I ran up to one of the racers and drop kicked him. He fell back and hit his head on the wall so he won’t be getting up soon. Another two turned towards me and swung, I dodged the one but the other hit me in the jaw. After he hit me I kicked him in the shin and then kneed him in the face. ‘Three down, three to go’ I thought. One other racer came towards me but stopped and said “D.K”. Shit I think my hood fell down. Well he now knows who I am, so I smirked. I then looked at the man I was helping, he knows how to fight. Just as he took one of the racers down another jumped on him and he was taken down. I looked back at the racer in front of me; each time I took a step towards him he took a step back. “SHIT, EVERYONE ITS D.K RUN” he shouted. They all looked at me and ran out of the alley and down the road. I put my hood back up as I walked over to the man on the ground and knelt down beside him. “Hey are you alright” “ye I’m fine thank you”. Something about his voice sounded familiar. I looked at his face. Mr Downey. “Mr Downey is that you”. He looked up at me and I removed my hood. “Marianne” “err hi” I said as I helped him off the floor “thanks” he said. I heard the sound of speeding cars and I knew it was Clay’s friends. I looked at him and said “we need to go” he nodded. I grabbed his hand and we ran out of the alley towards my car. “Get in the car” I said. He got in the passenger side as I got in the front seat; I put the key in the ignition and we sped off down the road. I looked in my rear view mirror to see them following us. “Shit” I mumbled, I guess Mr Downey heard me cause he said “What”. I looked at him and said “They are following us sir” “how can we away” “err that would require speeding sir” “oh, and by the way please call me Robert outside of the college” “umm ok, Robert how is your face” he looked at me confused “you got hit in the face earlier remember” “oh yeah, I’m fine, thank you for helping me back there” I smiled at him “your welcome” “are you ok”  “ye I’m fine”. “So who were those guys” “they were street racers” Then he said “how did you know those were street racers” “Umm, how can I make this not sound bad, err I maybe sometimes race against them” “so you’re a street racer then” “umm”.  Great now what am I going to say. “If you are, I won’t say anything” “really, you wouldn’t say anything” “nope, so your saying you are then” “ye I guess I am” “so the only way to get away from the other racers is to basically break the speed limit” “correct” he looked at me and smiled wildly. “Do you want me to break the speed limit” “only if there isn’t another way of getting away from them” “okay then”. I put my foot down on the accelerator and we sped off down the road. As we were speeding I got a phone call. I looked at the caller ID and it was Luke. I answered it and put it on speaker.

(M=Marianne, L=Luke)

M: hey Luke, what’s up?

L: it’s Clay, he’s gone mad, he said him and his friends are coming to get you.