Chapter Nine

It was 6pm and the dance was about to start.Mom curled my hair,I put on the new dress and met Lilly at the dance.We were walking into the school."You ready Syd?" "I guess so." "You say that a lot you know? "I guess so!"We both started to laugh.We walked in and grabbed some punch."Oh gosh I see Corey." "Calm down Syd." "He's looking at me." "Maybe because he regrets saying that stuff to you."I rolled my eyes,"Oh yeah I bet he does." "He just might,and great his coming over here I'm going to leave you two alone now." "Lilly don't leave me."But it was to late she left and Corey was standing in front of me."Hey you look real beautiful." I didn't say anything back."Look I know I'm a jerk." "Oh yeah." "I'm sorry." "No your not,you meant what you said so what do you want?"I started to walk away and he grabbed my hand,"I am really sorry I overreacted and you know I did." "And what if you did I don't care let go of my hand Corey." "See you don't trust me again,Sydni I am sorry." "Okay fine I accept your apology now can you lea-"He stopped me before I could finish and dragged me on the dance floor."Your suppose to be dancing with Beckie not me." "Well she isn't here is she." "I don't know Corey." I walked away from him I sat down at a table and drank some punch."Sydni what's wrong?"I got up again and walked outside,and he followed me."Sydni what's wrong?" "Can't you just leave me alone Corey!I thought you were different I thought you liked me!But then you say I never want to see you again.You think I'll just forgive you and move on and not be mad at you your a jer-"He pulled me close to him and wrapped his hands around my waist and smashed his lips onto mine,I ran my fingers through his hair.We backed away from each five minutes later and both said"Whoa."I giggled."I told ya you wanted to kiss me."