Chapter 2

After a hard night, she woke up early for her work. She got dressed and left. She rode her old car to work. She arrived late and the boss was already in a bad mood. He called her to his office.
"Why are you so late?"
"I'm sorry..." She said putting her head down.
"We have to finish work early because today is Christmas and we won't work all day!" He hitted the table continuously.

She have had enough already. She was so tired and weak. She didn't eat anything. She couldn't work as well as the others. After 3 hours of doing nothing in the office, it was to leave.

Shannon was so depressed, she had no family and no friends. She was alone in this world. As soon as she returned back to the house she saw a wrapped present infront of the door. It turned out that it was from her ex husband. There was a message above the present which said: " Merry Christmas Shannon, you know how much I loved you, but we have to have some space, so both of us would feel better".

She cried and opened the present, then she found their picture in their first date. She was so touched, but she knew it would be better like that. She entered the house and went to have the bathroom to have her shower. After that, she rested on her bed. She didn't celebrate the Christmas, she spent all day sleeping in her bed.

In the morning, she drank her coffee and got dressed quickly so she won't be late for work. She rode her car, but there was a traffic so she was late again.
When she reached the work, the boss was waiting for her in her own office. His face was red and his eyes were staring.
"You are Fired Shannon Murphy!!"
Shannon's face and lips went white and she was trembling and shocked.
"Bu... But... W... WHYY!!?" She stammered.
"You are late again!!" He shouted.
"It was the traffic sir!!" She replied quickly.
"End of discussion." He said angrly and sadly.
She took her things from her office and left quickly.

She was fed up with her life. She knew everything went wrong so far. She didn't know what to do. She was roaming around Laroon Street.