Chapter 11: Wait. WHAT!?!?

Mason's POV 

This day went by in a blur nothing really happened. I was excited for tonight because I finally made up my made up my mind and I was asking Lacie out, I had this all planed out. I was going to take her ice skating (she has never been ice skating, considering we live in Florida). Then we would go have some Starbucks (she loves that place), and at the end of the ‘date’ before I dropped her off at home I would give her a white rose and ask her to be my girlfriend.

What if she doesn’t say yes? What if she doesn’t even like you?

Put a sock in it. FUCKING ANXIETY. She does like me and she will say ‘yes’

Hopefully.

The last bell ring I was the first one out the door. I went to Maddy’s last class she had it with Lacie. I waited for the girls at the door, Maddy was the first one out but Lacie stayed behind.

“Lace come on. It’s been 10 minutes. I wanna go home!” Maddy wined from outside the class.

“Almost done.” Lacie said sheepishly.

Lacie and the teacher (my worst enemy) discussed some extra credit stuff. Walking out the door I heard her sweet voice “Okay, thanks Mr. Luis.”  I smiled when she came out of the door.

“Hey Mace.” She’s such a cutie.

You sound like a girl

Silence.

“So you’re taking us home?” she asked

“No, I’m going to kidnap you two. Yes, I’m taking you home.” I stated sarcastically

Nice move dick-head.

“Okay, w-we are going to pick Al up right?”

“Yes Lace. He said we are going to pick him up. Now stop asking questions and let’s go I wanna leave.” Maddy said annoyed.

I dropped Lacie and Alex off at their house. I went home to get ready for my ‘date’ with Lacie. About an hour or two later I hopped in my car and drove to Lacie’s house.

When I got to Lacie’s house I threw pebbles at her balcony window. She opened “Mace?!” she whisper-yelled. “Lace.” I stated as I began to climb the tree that stood proudly next to her window. When I got to her she bewilderedly stated “What the hell are you doing here?” “Go get ready I want to take you somewhere. Make it something warm.” I declared. “Fine. But you need to turn around and no peaking I know you Mason Mathews.” She proclaimed. I raised my hands in defense “Okay, okay. Are you sure though. I mean I don’t mind.” I chuckled. “Mason!” she squealed throwing a pillow at me. “Okay fine I’ll turn around.” I switched positions and sat on her bed facing away from the bathroom and closet. She took a quick shower and got ready; she was wearing a black Rolling Stones sweater/shirt with black leggings and red Toms. She made her hair a messy bun and used minimal make-up.

“Al I’m going out are you going to be okay alone.” She said walking out the front door. “Yeah Lace, see you later.” We got to the ice skating rink it was practically empty. “This is what you had to show me?” she asked curiously. “Yes.” I said grinning.

“But I can’t skate.” She said worriedly

“Exactly. I wanna teach you.”

“Okay?” she asked uneasily.

We got our skates. She looked so hopeless trying to balance herself on the skates. She fell about 20 times before she asked for my help. I held her hand and told her to just follow my lead, but she couldn’t even do that so I skated behind her and held her hips in place. We giggled, talked, and she finally learned to skate.