Chapter 1: A Chance Encounter

After screaming her lugs out at a concert for her favorite band, Keyanna was beat. After waiting to leave the venue Keyanna was stopped by two giant men wearing security shirts. She looked puzzled as they talked into their headsets.

Finally they said "please come with us ma'am." Who was she to argue with security, so she followed closely behind them? While walking they asked her how old she was.

"20, but I’m turning 21 in July." The men just smiled at each other and kept walking. They finally reach their destination and Keyanna starts to breathe heavily. She realized that she was backstage at the venue.

While she was looking around to take everything in someone behind her and said "hello" in a very recognizable and sultry accent. Keyanna slowly turned around, as she thought that this could not be happening. Once she turned completely her thoughts were confirmed.

The "hello" came from none other than Niall Horan. Her celebrity crush from the band One Direction, whom she just watched tear the roof of the venue. Keyanna just stood there, flabbergasted for a moment, just staring.

"Hello" niall said again, but this time while extending his hand out to her. He took her and into his and kissed. While he kissed her hand he took in the sight before his eyes. She finally said "Hi" after regaining her composure.

"How are you?" niall asked.

"I'm shocked if I am being completely honest." she replied.

"Why?" Niall asked. While blushing Keyanna replied "This has happened, but only in my wildest dreams."

Then niall said "well I had to meet the girl covered in me and one direction gear" while laughing.

He was talking about her slightly eccentric outfit. Keyanna was wearing a shirt that said I heart Niall Horan, some red skinny jeans, some black and red sneakers, a light wash sleeveless denim jacket, on the jacket there were niall Horan pins, a black Niall beanie, black 1D glasses, a red I heart niall bracelet, an I heart 1D two finger ring, an I heart one direction necklace, a heart 1D necklace, and looking closely at her hand he realized that she had on Niall Horan press-on nails, and she was clutching her phone that had a picture of him on it.

After he got a proper look at her outfit niall says "wow, that’s pretty cool."

"Thanks, oh my name is Keyanna by the way" she replied while starting to blush again.

“Nice to meet you Keyanna, I’m gonna guess that you know who I am.” Niall said with a smirk.

After building up the strength Keyanna looks into Niall's eyes and asks "how long are you guys going to be in North Carolina?" To start a conversation.

Niall looked at his watch and replied "just a few more hours until we are packed up and ready to travel." Niall looked back at Keyanna and asked "do you have anywhere to be right now?"

"No" she answered enthusiastically.

Niall then proceeded to ask if she would like to hang out with him for a while. After a few seconds of fangirling on the inside she said yes with a wide smile. Niall couldn’t help but notice how pretty her smile was.

Keyanna took a second to call her mom to let her know that she would be home a bit later. After that Keyanna and niall hung out on the bus for an hour and a half. First niall gave her a quick tour of the bus (which was a lot bigger than it actually looked), then they played a few games on whatever gaming system they had. Keyanna won 4 out of the 5 games that they played, and Keyanna was pretty certain that he let her win because she knows that she is horrible at most video games.

After a while they just sat and talked and laughed at everything. They learned quite a bit about each other. When it came time for niall to get back on the road with the boys (who were nowhere to be found while they were hanging out) there was silence.

"So I really had a great time, and I don’t just mean at the concert" Keyanna said while smiling halfheartedly while looking right into his beautiful blue eyes.

Niall replied "I had a great time too" while looking into her basic brown eyes.

"Well maybe we can keep in touch?" Keyanna said, quickly dropping her eyes to the ground.

"YES!" niall responded quickly and rather loudly. He then apologized and said "I mean, yea, that would be cool" while rubbing the back of his neck and looking at the ground.

He then proceeded to take out his phone and asked for her number. She gave it to him while smiling, still facing the ground. Then he started to recite his number and she fumbled with her phone before pulling up her contact list to add a new number. Then she typed in the number and repeated it out loud to make sure that she got it correctly. Then she slid her phone off.

They stood there a few more seconds before niall stepped forward to hug her. As they embraced, her heart started to beat so quick and so loud that she was sure that niall could feel and hear it. Then she realized that she wasn’t feeling only her heart, his heart was fluttering as well. She smiled at this and they separated from the hug.

They both said their goodbye's and then Keyanna turn slowly and started to walk away. She looked back one more time and when she did niall was still watching her. She turned around and kept walking until she reached her car.