Chapter 2: Back to normal or not

Keyanna's POV

I sat in my car for about 10 minutes. I was trying to figure out what had just happened. The drive home went by rather quickly. I have my mp3 player plugged into my car and I have it playing both Take Me Home and Up All Night. I was listening to this on the way to the concert as well. I got home at around 1 am and my parents were asleep so I just went upstairs and took a shower. I stayed in the shower just running through everything in my head again. I finally got out and looked at the clock. It said 1:37 am, so I went to bed. I had already planned to be sore and have no voice so I had the next 4 days off. After the fourth day everyday went back to normal. I woke up early to get ready for work. The next day went back to normal.

I woke up early to get ready for work. I kept checking through my contacts to see if I had any new numbers, more specifically a number from Niall, but I had no such luck. I went to work that morning a bit sad but it got better once I saw the animals there. It made me smile instantly, I mean how can you not smile when you have baby Pomeranians licking your shoes and teenage huskies nipping at your leg? I was there until 7 pm and then I went to my second job. I finished my shift at the grocery store around 1 in the morning. I have long days but the pay and benefits are worth it, not to mention the fact that I get to do what I love (play with animals). After work I stopped by the gym and worked out for an hour. I got home late that night and just collapsed in bed.

The next day I had off so I slept in. I woke up at 12 in the afternoon. Again I ran over what I thought had happened and I just figured that I had concocted the whole story. Typically, I work at the animal hospital 5 days a week and I worked at the grocery store 4 days a week, and to top that off I work out 6 days a week. Since today was my day off for all three, I decided that I deserved a “me” day. That afternoon I shaved and waxed everything, I gave myself a facial, later that night I ran myself a scented bubble bath. I then turned on some music, what else but one direction. I surrounded my bathroom with flameless candles-I’m super clumsy and I don’t need an accident-and then I relaxed in the tub.

After I got out I pulled on my hello kitty bathrobe and just lounged around in my room. I kept my music on; this time I was playing a mix between usher and little mix-I have a very eclectic taste in music. After reading another update of an amazing fan fiction called every piece of me by “givemesumaurgravy” and then reading through about 3 chapters of 50 Shades of Grey my phone started playing How ya Doin’? By little mix. I looked at the screen. The number looked slightly familiar but it wasn’t programed into my phone.

So I answered in my best professional grown-up voice

“Hello?”

The person on the other end of the phone replied with a “Hi.”

I stopped kicking my feet and I stared at my phone. I recognized the voice and the accents but I thought I was dreaming. I stood up and the phone dropped from my hand and it hung up. I could not believe that that had just happened. My mind is playing tricks on me for sure. That sounded just like Niall Horan. I stared at my phone while my heart rate skyrocketed. I picked up the phone and wondered if I should call the number back. While I pondered the decision in my head the phone rang again.

I answered and said “Hello?” this time my voice was shaky.

“Hello again” The voice replied. After I failed to say anything the voice continued on to say “This is Niall Horan, we met at the PNC arena.”

I finally said “Hi, I am so sorry, the phone slipped out of my hand and I didn’t mean for it to…”

“That’s perfectly fine.” He cut me off before I began to ramble; “How are you?”