Chapter 2

When Tuga was finally back at the Phantom, Lola had fallen asleep in Tuga's arms.

"Did you manage to find any survivors?" Asked a Sangheili. It was Shipmaster Rtas Vadum. He wore while armor and his skin was grey and he had green eyes. He didn't notice the girl yet.

Tuga nodded, "Yes Shipmaster. I found this young human female only. She claimed her name was Lola."

Shipmaster looked at the girl a little bit then nodded. He then looked back up at Tuga not changing his expression. "Was she the only survivor?"

Tuga nodded, "Yes."

Rtas nodded once, "Very well. We must be on our way now." The two males went inside.

Tuga walked to where his pregnant wife was sitting. A smile formed on her mandibles.

"Hello my love." She greeted happily not seeing the child yet.

He smiled back, "Hello my beautiful wife. How do you fare?"

She still smiled, "I am well. So is our child." Smiled as she talked about their un-born child that was soon to be born.

Tuga smiled and gently kissed her, that was when his wife named Vahe 'Kaham. Though her last name had changed so de she married Tuga.

That was when she noticed Lola. She smiled, "Who is this little human child?"

Tuga smiled chuckling a bit seeing his wife's excitement. She loved kids no matter the species. "Lola. That is what she responded with when I asked her for her name."

Vahe smiled, "Is that alright if I hold her my love?"

He smiled, "I do not." Gently and carefully gave his wife the child.

She smiled as she gently and carefully carried Lola in her arms. "She is adorable." Smiled as she looked down at Lola. Her smile then faded as she looked at her husband, "Her parents are dead, I assume?"

He nodded, "Yes."

Vahe then got an idea smiling, "Maybe we can have her join our family."

Tuga smiled, "Yes. That is an excellent idea."

The couple smiled as they sat together looking at their new adopted human girl sleeping.