1

1.

"Ugh! I hate this." I muttered as I entered the mall. I can't use my car so nag-taxi lang ako.

Hindi naman dapat ako nandito kundi lang ako tinawagan ni Khael. He wants to meet me for the reason I do not know. Maybe he just wants to say something salient.

While waiting for him, I ordered my food and got my book. Another minutes have passed before I heard my phone ringing.

"Hello, Lot? Where in the world are you?" Said Sydney, my bestfriend.

"Somewhere." I answered lazily over the phone while sipping my coffee.

"Where is that 'somewhere'?" I can imagine the frown in her lips as she says that.

"Mall."

I bit a piece of my slice of cake as I turned the next page of the book I'm reading.

"At this time? You know we'll have our plans for tomorrow, right?! Charlotte, that's for my love life! You told me you'd help me with this." And she began saying nonsensical things with her volume up.

She needs my help but I declined it. She wants us to meet this bespectacled guy that she likes. She shows me the picture of this guy named Stephen and he's cute. He looks adorable and charming. No wonder she's head over heels with him.

She bribed me with a one month supply of oreo ice cream so I have no choice but to say yes.

"I would, okay? Stop shouting. I just need to meet Khael." That made her stop. Hearing the name of one of my boys.

"Khael, huh? I thought you're over weeks ago? Don't tell me he will make it up to you?"

Yeah, Khael was ignoring me last week and I just can't approach him. I don't want to spend my time calling him. It's a waste of time. I don't even have an idea why he's acting like that.

"Dunno, Syd. I'll talk to you later. I'll hung up now." I want to read this book right now and disturbance should be prevented. Climactic part is up.

"Wait! After that go to my place!" She said in a commanding voice.

I can't focus well. This brat is so annoying.

"I'm reading, Syd! Ibababa ko na." She laughed heartily after hearing my complaint. She knows what I'm doing everytime I'm alone and I don't want any disturbance but she keeps on annoying me. By the way, she's laughing contagiously. I can't help but frown.

"Okay, okay. Just be here." She said while suppressing a laugh.

"Nah. Drop by here. Pick me up."

"Use your car!" She shouted it hurts. I needed to cover my ear.

"You can speak without shouting, really!" I spat. Bababaan ko 'to.

"Sorry, dearest. I can't help it."

Heaving a sigh I said, "Unfortunately, I can't this time."

"Again?! What is it this time?" She, again, unconsciously shouted kaya nailayo ko ang phone sa tenga ko. Typical Sydney.

"Dad had confiscated it Yesterday. He wants me to stay at home but I didn't."

"You're absolutely pain in the ass, bestfriend." She said, laughing.

I chuckled at that remark.

"I know." I didn't notice Khael sitting in front of me. "Pick me up, okay? I'll just text you what time." Then I ended the call immediately.

"You're so engrossed in that phone call. Who's that?" He asked after declining my offer of having a coffee.

"It's Sydney. Why do you want to meet me?" I asked, changing the topic.

"Why? Is it bad to meet my girlfriend?" He's looking at me intently.

"Oh, I thought we were done with each other."

"What?" He was shocked, given. But it's what I know.

"You're not texting and calling, you didn't keep in touch for a week. I see it as a sign that we're over." I don't do explaining. I suck at it. I don't have any thing to explain, though.

"Ganyan ka ba talaga? I did it on purpose! I want you to miss me. But you interpreted it the way you understand it." He is angry. Namumula na ang pisngi nya with a clenched hands.

"Are you saying that you're still my boyfriend right at this moment?"

"What do you think?" He said through gritted teeth. He's losing his patience here.

"Yeah?" I teased.

"God, Charlotte! You know what, pagod na 'ko." And I hate drama. "Paulit ulit tayo. Hindi kita maintindihan. Let's end this." Great! I love it.

"Alright." I continue reading because it's the most exciting part of the story!

I almost cringe when he shrieked. What's his problem? We're done, duh.

"Alright? That's all that you can say? Alright?! Do you even love me?" Seems like he wanted to shout at me and punch me right through my face but he's holding it.

"Khael, calm down. You want this to end therefore, you want me out of your life. I won't bother chasing you. I respect your decision." I softly said. I can't afford having a black eye in my face.

"I can't believe I loved someone like you! You're selfish."

"Love is out of my concern. I just want to have fun. And you're boring. I'm sorry." That's all I could say. He's boring but I like him, before. And we're through.

A sigh of relief escape my mouth that triggered his mad became worse.

He stood up as he slammed the table which cause the people around to look at us.

"At least I'm the one who broke up with you. I think that's fair."

He turned his back to me but I stopped him.

"All my exes initiated the break up. No difference at all. Bye, Khael." I waved my hand while he started walking with closed fists and gritted teeth.

I guess I made a mad man with a broken heart again.