Sentence Structure: Common Particles and Markers

So in this topic, we will discuss about particle and markes such as (は, が,を) etc....
Let's start!

Ha (は) = Topic marker ... it indicates the topic of the sentence. It emphasize the topic. Example: Watashi wa Raica John desu. (私ライカジョンです) /i am Raica John/ .... so here in our example, the main topic is "I" or we should say the one who is talking... he is emphazing himself to the person whom he is talking. Another example, John no tomodachi wa kawaii desu. (ジョンの友達かわいいです) /John's friend is cute/ so here, the topic is John's Friend. The one who is talking was emphazing John's friend.

Ga (が)= Subject marker.. comes after the topic... が–in contrast to は–is much more involved in the sentence. It’s almost like a conqueror. Words marked with が stake their claim on the sentence (and the verb in particular), making a definite claim of ownership. Example: Anata wa me ga kirei desu ne. (目綺麗ですね) /your eyes are beautiful/

Difference between Ha (は) and Ga (が)..

TRADITIONAL WA AND GA "EXPLANATIONS"

First, lets do a quick wrap up of the 3 big bread-and-butter responses you’re most likely to get when asking someone about the difference between は and が.

Stock response #1: は is the topic marker and が is the subject marker.
Learner reaction: Well gee, thanks, that clears up everything for me (sarcasm). Aren’t “subject” and “topic” synonyms??

Stock response #2: You just have to get used to it. You’ll figure it out eventually. Don’t worry about it.
Learner reaction: I don’t want to figure it out “eventually,” dammit, I want to know right now!!

While none of these explanations is inherently wrong or useless (except maybe #2), each fails in its own unique way to really get at the root of our problem: there has to be a better way to explain it. So… you ask, what is the real difference between は and が…?

THE REAL DIFFERENCE

は is the topic marker and が is the subject marker. Wait! Cursors off the back button, please. Hear me out.

There’s a reason you’ve heard this explanation so many times. The problem is just that no one bothers to explain what they mean by topic and what they mean by subject. To learn our Japanese, we first have to have our English on right. Here’s a diagram to illustrate:

 Here’s a diagram to illustrate:

TOPIC: a non-grammatical context for the whole sentence.
SUBJECT: a grammatical relationship only to the verb.

See, that’s not so hard, right? By the way, I’ve worded these two definitions very carefully so if you just glanced over them, go back and read them closely, please, because this is very important. Okay? done? Let’s move on, then…

The number one difference is that while a subject has a explicit grammatical role (the thing which does the verb), a topic is just like a big cloud, with no set relationship to what’s actually going on in the sentence; it’s just there, floating around the sentence.

Okay, so that’s all well and good: subject versus topic.

Easy.

Piece of cake.

朝飯前.

Right? Not quite…

Subject and topic are very distinct roles and it’s not difficult to understand their theoretical difference. But what is a poor gaijin to do in real-life situations? Since we only ever have subjects in English (never topics) it still takes some getting used to before you can accurately distinguish where we should use one or the other. This is where the 2nd stock response (don’t worry, you’ll get it eventually) holds some truth.

SUMMARY:

Source: http://nihonshock.com/2010/02/particles-the-difference-between-wa-and-ga/

W

o (を) = Object marker... it indicates the object in a Japanese sentence... Example: Watashi wa Ringo wo tabemasu (私はリンゴ食べます) /i eat apple/, Ringo(リンゴ) is the Japanese of Apple....  Another Example: Watashi wa Kanojo wo ie ni okuru (私は彼女家に送る) /i will take her home/ 'her' would be the direct object.

Ni (に)= Place marker.. but it could also be an another object marker... Example: Doko ni imasu ka? (どこいますか?) /Where are you going?/.. "Doko" means Where... so the particle "Ni" emphasizes the "Doko", we can say, "What place is he/she located now?".. On the other hand, it can also be an another object marker /depends on the paragraph/sentence; .. Example: Rikai ni kansha (理解感謝) /Thanks for understanding/... Another example, Anata ni Aitakute (あなた会いたくて) /i want to see you or i miss you/ ... Also, it can be time marker! Example: Watashi wa gozan 7-ji ni okita (私は午前7時起きた) /I woke up at 7:00AM/..

He (へ)=  (indicates direction) Place marker but comes after the verb "go"... Example: Watashi wa gakkou he ikimasu. (私は学校行きます) /i am going to school/.. You can also use the particle "ni" in this sentence, but if you translate it, it will become /i go to school./

No (の)= indicates possesion. example: Watashi no namae wa raica john desu.  (私名前はライカジョンです) /MY NAME is raica john/.. Another example: Raica no jinsei. (ライカ人生) /Raica's life/

Ka (か)= usually at the end of the sentence.. indicates a question.. Example: Daijoubu ka? (大丈夫?) /Are you okay?/

Mo (も)= usually means "also" or "too"... Example: Watashi mo (私) /me too/

To (と)= Used to connect and list up multiple items... and also, together with... Example: Anata to watashi. (あなた私) /you and i/ .. Another example: Watashi wa tomodachi to isshou desu. (私は友達一緒です) /i am WITH my friends/

De (で)= Indicates the location of an action.. Example: Gakkou de (学校) /at school/...

Kara (から)= Indicates a starting point in time or place.. Example: Firipin kara kimashita (フィリピンから来ました) /i came FROM philippines/

Here are the 188 List of Particles.. the word highlited with red showing the daily used particle..

Source: https://nihongoichiban.com/home/japanese-grammar-particles/