P | Prophecies

Two pairs of eyes, gold and blue, stared at the five on that fateful day. Both knew they'd need the knowledge if they were overcome their trials. Both knew that no one could warn them of what was to come.

Neither knew if it would be enough.

Heed my words, young Champion. There will be a time in when rage will descend upon you. Take care not to let it overcome your reason.

The first one showed no fear at those words.

Though you may struggle with your task, know this, Healer: sometimes, fighting is inevitable, and it will be up to you to deal with the outcome.

The second one was confused over those words.

To the Mage goes this warning: take more faith in your instincts - there will be a time when they are all you shall have left to guide you.

The third one worried over the meaning of those words.

You are the Sage. While your wisdom will help lead the others, you must also lead with your heart. Sometimes the right thing to do is not always the wisest.

The fourth one was greatly addled by those words.

You are the link for the Riders, Seer. The talent you possess is great, and must be used to instill courage in the Leader for the times you all will face. As you know, the Destroyer grows anxious in his quest for dominance of this world. You must bring together the Riders of the Age to face him. Take strength in your gods and yourself - you shall direly need it.

The fifth one expected nothing less than those words.

Good luck, Riders.

Both left soon after to leave the five to contemplate their fate. The Champion grew eager; the Healer was fretful; the Mage contemplated; the Sage tightened fists. The Seer closed her eyes, seeing the Leader use magic for the first time.

All this occurred while the Destroyer smiled...

And his Black Hand rose.