An Undead Man~

"Go! Just leave me!" Laurance cries, "Save yourself!"

Garroth raises his gun to each infected man, discharging it into their broken heads. He slowly backs up to Laurance, protecting the wounded ally behind him.

Once most of the monsters laid dead, Garroth quickly ran to Laurance. He helped him up and made him shift most of his weight off his wounds.

"Garroth! Just leave me," Laurance looks up at his friend. The pain in this upper thigh makes his teeth grind together.

"No man left behind," Garroth insisted. He carefully directed Laurance to safety making it as painless as possible.

Laurance griped Garroth's shoulders as he limped around. The blood running out of the hole in his leg made him weak. After only a couple minutes of fleeing, Laurance couldn't even support his own weight.

Garroth stopped in an old, collapsed office building to catch his breath. He searched through the rubble and debris, hoping to find something to ease Laurance's pain.

Laurance sat in the corner of the big, abandoned building. His face was painted pail, and his soft blue eyes started to lose its life.

Garroth needs to find the crew, he can't die trying to save me. Laurance thought.

Garroth suddenly screamed and fell into a pile of rubble. "Garroth?!"

Laurance waits for an answer, that never comes. "Garroth, are you okay?!"

Still, no answer. The growls of walkers echo off of the concrete walls. Laurance's stomach instantly drops.

"GARROTH!" He shouts. His tries to jump on his feet, making the pain grow more and more. He screams in agony. "For the love of Irene, Garroth! Answer me!"

Laurance strains his ears, listening for any sign of reassurance that his best friend is still alive.

Then there it is: "Laurance!" It's a faint call, but it's enough to know he's okay.

"I'm coming!" Laurance calls back. He looks down at his wounded leg, takes a deep breath, and racks up the strength to go after his ally.

He makes his way to Garroth. One... step... at... a... time...

The energy from Laurance is quickly drained with every little movement. His vision blurs and mouth becomes dry, until he has no choice but to stop in his tracks. He stands there, slightly swaying to keep his balance.

"Garroth..." He calls in a low, low tone. The monsters crowd around him, swarming their prey like the predators they are. He whimpers in response to their groans. They quickly eliminate the space between them and Laurance.

He sobs quietly to himself, his tears mixing in with the pool of his own blood underneath him. The pain in his thighs make him collapse onto the cool, hard concrete. His body curls into a ball, bracing for the impact of a beast's teeth sinking into his warm skin, tearing away his flesh from his body.

Just like every Fairy tale, his spouse comes to save him. But not this one. The monsters win this fight.

At least they don't die alone...