15

Hazel

     I woke up to polythene bag sounds and shuffles. I fluttered my eyes open,the light hurting my eyes intensively and rolled over. Am I in a room or a boutique? Because everyone was moving around carrying different clothes in nylon bags on hangers.

    Gowns,shirts,trousers,miniskirts and all that. I didn't order any of these,why were they here? And I obviously don't have the money to pay them. It looks like they were coming from the living room then into the room I had opened the previous day that had lots of rails.

   By the way, where's Ryan?

   I got out of bed,washed my face and teeth then headed towards the stairs. I spotted Ryan standing in the sitting room on a sky blue sleeve shirt,a navy blue suit and a red tie.He was talking with a some guy. He sure looked nice in the morning.

  What am I saying??

   I moved towards where he was standing and he clearly noticed me cause he ended his talk with the man as he left before he turned to me.

     "Morning sunshine"he said smirking making me half roll my eyes. This guy is some hell of a...

     "Morning......um..... do you perhaps know what's happening? "I asked,ignoring him and pointing to the stairs.

     "Oh that, it's a wardrobe change"he said.

     "I can buy my own clothes so-"he cut me off.

     "I didn't say you can't but you won't"he stated blankly.

     "Um..... Why?"I asked but before I could get an answer,I was interrupted by someone jumping on me.

    "Zel!!!"Vee screamed as she pounced on me making us crash into the ground.

    "Oww, Vee! "I whinced from the pain I felt from her throwing her weight on me.

    "Oh,sorry"she said getting up before helping me up as I nursed my poor back.

     "Why the fuss Vee? "I asked her almost irritatedly. "How did you even get here? "I asked rubbing my back.

     "What do you mean why the fuss? I looked for you all through yesterday. You sent a resignation letter to Mc Donald's and when I went to your apartment it was totally deserted and torn apart, how wouldn't I make a fuss? "she ranted in one breath panting when she was through.

  Resignation letter, I didn't send any resignation let- oh..... Ryan Alistair!

     "Cool down Vee, I'm okay"I finally said.

   "And Louie?"she asked looking around then back to me,making tears instantly sting my eyes.

    "He's gone Vee,I dont know who took him" I said,my voice cracked again as I fought back the tears.

    "Oh my gosh, Zel, I'm so sorry"she said pulling me into a hug. The tears didnt stop coming,it was like waking up and meeting the harsh reality that your baby brother was actually gone. I didnt loose him when I was thirteen but I lost him when I was twenty four. I'm so stupid.

     "It's okay, we'll find him"she said as she patted my back.

     "Yeah" I sniffed as I pulled away and removed the tears under my eyes.

     "Oh, Hi Liam" I smiled wealky on noticing the young man in white.

    "Hey,how are doing?"

    "I'm doing good,so far" I replied.

     "So here is the thing,you have to give us details about your brother, his height, eye color, hair color, age and most importantly,his picture "Ryan said taking his seat beside Liam on the sofa.

     "Wait, you're a detective?"I asked Liam.

    "No, I'm a lawyer, got great experience with the detectives"he stated.

     "Okay"I said.

  Turns out Liam had brought Vee here. I think there is something I don't know about Vee and Liam that I'm not being let it on but I let it slide.

      I gave them Louie's particulars and photograph so they could do their investigation. They left instantly while Vee promised to come around more often after admiring the house.

   I went back to the room after seeing them off and Ryan sounding in my ears how I shouldn't go near his million dollar sofa and the password. Whatever! It's just a couch.

    I went to my room to check out the closet. Every single rail was filled.There were other dinner gowns, mini gowns, skirts, bumshorts, crop tops, jackets, jeans, tank tops and even undies.

     I instantly walked backwards. He bought undies?How did he even know my size?

   Below the rails of clothes, there were other stuff like wedge heels, flats, sandals, flip flops, beach slippers and shoes I don't think I've ever seen before.

   How much did he spend on all of this? I don't think I would ever be able wear all these clothes even in a lifetime. I think I have to thank him.Maybe,I could make him something nice.

    I smiled at myself as I skipped out of the closet and to the bathroom. I had a hot water bath and then wrapped myself in a pink towel.

    I decided to wear a light blue jean trouser and a black t-shirt. I put my hair in a ponytail so it won't bother me when cooking. Then I skipped to the kitchen. I hope I actually do a good work on this.