22

Ryan

      Like I was being controlled,I quickly pulled over in the parking lot of the hospital and climbed down before bringing Hazel into my arms again. I rushed her right into the hospital and I was happy with the instant response I got from the nurses and workers.

      I'd called Liam on my way here and I was more than perplexed to see that he'd gotten there before me. He rushed ahead of me to get the doctor as the nurses rushed over to me with a hospital bed. I placed her gently on it before they started moving her to the emergency room.

     "You're going to be okay sunshine,you're going to be okay" I kept panting as I rushed with them until they entered the ER and I was left to stand outside in utter fear.

    "Are you a relative of Ms. Kennels? "the man in a white lab coat asks,coming up behind me and I turned to him.

  "I'm her boyfriend" I stated not stopping to realise what I had said. I noticed from the corner of my eyes that Liam had called up Vee by now.

   "Please follow me"he said before leading me to his office.

    "Take a sit"he gestured to me. I took my seat and he quickly continued.

   "I'm Doctor Trevor, I'm sure you have heard of me by now"he stated looking at me.

  Heard of him? Was I meant to? How long has this been going on?

  He sighed deeply before continuing.

   "So you don't know anything?"he asked blankly.

   "No" I state not liking where this was heading.

   "Hazel is in a critical state of liver cirrhosis caused by hepatitis. She's had it for about a year now"he said adjusting his spectacles.

   "W....wh....at? "I stuttered feeling overly shocked with the piece information that had just been rendered to me.

  Hepatitis? What? But why did she hide it? Why didn't she tell me? She just chose her death path alone? Why was she enduring this pain alone?

   My head was reeling with a lot of questions which had no possible answers.I just had to be dreaming.

   "But how is it possible that she didn't have any outward symptoms or something? "I asked confused knowing that liver cirrhosis was a disease that had terrible effects on the skin.

    "That's because that of Hazel is, should I say a microtype,hers takes out the pressure on her other organs like her brain,lungs,eyes and all that stuff,that's why she coughed a lot of blood"he explained.

    "Is there anything we can do? " I asked almost losing my senses.

    "I hope we can still do something. I warned her that she had less than three months to live on this earth. I had been maintaining her health for such a long time now"he said sounding devastated while I tried to take in what he said.

   So she knew? What am I saying?  Of course she knew. But why didn't she tell me. I was so ignorant.

   "Whatever we are doing we have to do fast before she inhales her last breath"he said handing me her reports.

    "A liver transplant? " I asked after going through it.

    "Its really expensive and I'm sure thats the more reason she didn't take the surgery. "he stated which pained me the more.

    "Look,please just start the treatment instantly,I'll get all the necessary requirements, thats not a problem" I said in almost one breath.

    "As you wish,Mr Alistair "he said.