Chapter 8

Rick waltzed back inside the wear house, where it was a bit cooler inside. Rick searched around for Negan, but nothing turned up. I mean, what was he? A lost puppy looking for his owner? Eventually, Rick heard Negan's booming voice from a hallway. Rick walked quickly towards Negan's voice. Rick peered around the corner. "And don't forget to collect the jell-o cups, damn it!" Negan pressed his head against Dwight's forehead. Rick's eyes widened as Negan did so. "NEGAN!" Rick shouted as he rounded the corner. Dwight looked up, as he was about to grab Negan's hands. Rick bolted to Dwight and pushed him off of Negan. "Rick!" Negan said, while his voice cracked. Rick turned around to face Negan. "What were you doing?!" Rick asked, walking towards him. Negan backed up and Rick walked forward, all with a smile on his face. Negan eventually was pressed up against the wall, due to the fact that there was no more space to back up from Rick. Negan held his hands up. "I was discussing with Dwight about the Jell-o  shortage. Jesus!" Negan chucked. Rick sighed a breath of relief.
    "Don't ever touch anyone, ever again!" Rick shouted, crashing into Negan. Rick felt tears spill out of his eyes, they streamed down to his chin. Negan stopped laughing. He tilted Rick's chin up, noticing Rick's tears. Negan's face fell as he wiped a tear off of Rick's face. "What's wrong?" Negan twirled one of Rick's curls in his finger. "W...why did you do that? Press heads together? Why?" Rick muttered. Negan let out a little laugh. "Seriously? That was a friendly head butt. There's no way I would like, do anything with him. That's stupid. He's ugly as hell, anyway." Negan whispered. Somehow, Negan's whispers were comforting to Rick. They made him feel safe. Especially Negan's regular scent, that he always smelled. It was a combination of vanilla and cinnamon. Plus, Negan was always warm. It's like he was a huggable candle, or something of the sort. Rick slowly nodded. Dwight looked over at Rick on top of Negan. "What did you say about me?!" Dwight spat. Negan smiled. "Nothing. Nothing at all." Negan said as he cuddled Rick. Rick immediately felt better when he was in Negan's arms. It sounded silly, but he felt safe with Negan. He hated to admit it, but it was true. Dwight rolled his eyes and walked off. Rick nuzzled his face into Negan's leather jacket. Wait a minute. What?! Why was he acting like this?! He was supposed to hate this type of treatment, right? Simon came up the stairs, suddenly. "Negan!" Simon called, walking over to the two. Negan sighed. "Simon. Can't you see Rick and I are having a moment?" Negan said as he ruffled Rick's hair. Rick's face turned bright red. How could he just do that? In front of his co-worker, or whatever! Simon backed up, hands in the air. "Okay, okay. Jeez. I wanted to tell you that we are out of lemonade." Simon said as he walked down the stairs. Negan hit the wall with his fist. "Great! My god damn lemonade is gone! Who the hell drank it?!" Negan yelled. "Maybe you?" Rick snapped. Negan grinned while looking at Rick. "Yeah. You're probably right." Negan leaned his head on top of Rick's, the familiar vanilla scent closing in. It was now peaceful, just the two of them. It was nice, in a time with such harsh situations and noises.