intro

Pinellopy's POV

"I'll see you next week," Joe, one of the co-workers said, slipping on his vest.

I smiled softly at him and continued to restock the small metal shelf.

The door handle jingled, indicating someone entered the small gas station. I straightened out my apron and made my way to the checkout to greet the man laying casually against the counter.

"Hello, may I help you?" I asked him.

He didn't make eye contact with me; but instead his gaze kept toward the door. "A box of cigs." His deep voice rumbled.

I let out a nervous laugh. "What kind are you after? Brand wise?"

He glanced over at me, his sharp, deep brown eyes softly taking in my appearance. Can he act a little bit more sketchy? "Gutter."

i took the small key around my narrow neck and unlocked the glass protecting self and grabbed a box. "Would you like anything else?" I asked the man.

When he didn't answer I frowned and straightened back up. He wasn't behind the counter and I grew confused.

"I'll take you." A voice said behind me.

I jumped, nearly falling over. "You scared me." I breathe out.

He rolls towards me and knocked me over, which caused a streak mark to appear on my side. "You're mine, Pinellopy."

He took the box of cigarettes and laid a twenty dollar bill on the counter and left.

How did he know my name?