Chapter 33

I push him away and stare at him. "It was you! Wasn't it? You killed my father!" I exclaim and he rolls his eyes.
"Don't be ridiculous." He says and I nod my head slowly.
"Yeah! You have some sick obsession with my mother and had to fulfill it by taking my father out of the picture, you sick bastard!" I say, tears starting to fill my eyes.
"You couldn't be more wrong love." He says calmly, shaking his head and walking toward the door.
"You are acting like you know more than I do Liam, what are you hiding?" I ask and he pauses at my door, his hand outstretched, reaching to grab the handle.
"I do know more than you, I know a lot more but that's something I would never tell you." He says, opening the door and leaving.
I sit there confused and sort of scared from our conversation. Liam most likely killed my father but why would he be so obsessed with my mother, she is a witch. I decide to call Harry to fill him in.
"So you think he killed our father?" He asks and I run my hand through my hair and walk over to my window.
"I am not sure what to think, all I know is that I might have some time to snoop because I heard mom talking about wanting to take Liam out for a romantic dinner tonight." I say just as a knock on my door sounds. "Who is it?" I ask and then my door is being pushed open.
"Liam and I are going out, don't do anything stupid while we are gone." My mom says and I turn and put the phone behind me.
"Okay." I say and she looks me up and down with disgust and I look away and she leaves. I put the phone back to my ear and sigh. "I don't know what's wrong with that woman." I say to Harry as I hear the front door close.
"Maybe she has pills she needs to take?" Harry suggests and I look down at them. Liam is looking up at me with a smirk on his face and I watch him.
"I don't know but I have a bad feeling." I say, closing my blinds and walking downstairs. I hear the roar of the engine and I go to the door and peek out. I watch as they pull out of the driveway and drive off and then I sprint to their room.
"It might be a bad idea to be looking." Harry says and I sigh.
"Liam said he knows more than I know and I want to find out what he knows." I say, opening the door to their room and walking in.
"That's not a good idea, especially if you get caught." Harry warns and I sigh again, putting the phone on the dresser so I can begin my search.
I start searching his dresser rapidly, not finding anything besides clothes and a box of condoms (gross). I move to the closet and look at his side, digging toward the back. I pause as I come across a box that is covered with some shoes. I move them off and stare down at it, pulling off the top. It is too dark for me to see anything so I pull out the box and close the door, moving it to the bed. I hear the door open downstairs and I gasp, looking toward the door and gather the box and run from the room, closing the door behind me and running into my room, closing my door behind me and hiding the box in my closet.
I hear them walk upstairs and I hear my mom talking about how she couldn't believe they lost their reservations. The door to my room swings open and Liam looks in. "Hey kiddo, you okay?" He asks and I nod.
"Is everything okay?" I ask, pointing toward my mom entering their room.
"Just a screw up with the reservations, that's all." He says and I nod.
"Oh." I say and he smiles and leaves. I sigh and wait until I hear their door close again and then I go to my closet and pull out the box and throw it on my bed and pop off the top. I gasp as I stare inside and see a picture of Tina's trailer and Tina and my dad at the door, kissing. I pull it out and pull out another picture of them hugging and then another of him moving to his car. I throw those down and then pull out a newspaper clipping of the day the 'accident' happened. I pull it out of the way and then I see a familiar picture that I pull out and it is a picture of my dad holding me but my dad's face is cut out and I gasp. I look through my photos of my dad and Tina until I come across a picture that shows something else. This picture is taken at an angle that shows the side of a black car. This must be his car. I gasp, putting all of the pictures up and stowing the box back into my closet. I start to pace, taking deep breaths and trying to calm my heartbeat. I decide that I will tell Harry of my discovery so I begin to search for my phone. I begin to check the places I usually put my phone and then less obvious places until I start to panic. Where is my phone? I begin to think of where I last had it and then I gasp. Oh no.