2

White.

Everything was white.

Blank.

Everything was blank.

Colorless.

Everything was colorless.

The corners of the room cannot be easily seen; everything was the same hue.

The room where he was standing in the middle of, its silence was the reason for his ears to hear ringing.

Ringing.

He heard a telephone ringing.

Telephone.

He looked to his right, a table appeared out of the blue. Funny, everything was white.

Call.

Someone's calling.

Walking to the telephone and seeing its appearance made his mind cloud in confusion; where was he?

"Hello?"

His dry throat made his voice sound hoarse.

Water.

A glass of water popped out of nowhere, beside the telephone.

"Drink."

The voice from the other line, however, was soft and beautiful. He drank the water.

Euphoric.

Calm like water. If that voice was used in singing, it would put him to sleep.

Sleep.

If he were to sleep, a lullaby would put him in that state.

Lullaby.

It seemed like a century has flewn by when he last heard a mellifluous voice of a woman singing to him, sending him to dreamland.

Dream.

It was possible he was only in a dream.

"Where am I?"

His voice slightly cracked, followed with a childish giggle from the other line.

"Come outside!"

Although it can be something dangerous, something about the lady who possessed that voice made him feel like it wasn't.