Chapter 2

"Jess.. We're here" he smiles, nudging at my shoulder, Waking me from my dreams.

"Oh.. Okay." I smiled tiredly.

Harry climbed out of his seat and jogged around his Jeep. Opening my door for me, helping me out of his car.

"Thanks" I smiled effortlessly.

He just nodded accepting my thanks and grabbed me by the hand when I could barely open my eyes as I struggled out of the car.

His house was two stories, the bottom half of the first story was grey shaded stone, with the rest of the house that was a medium shade, polished wood.

It was quite the site, it was really quite beautiful.

Harry opened his front door and insisted me on taking a seat on his black fluffy Pillowed couch before he went to his kitchen to get something.

He came back fast with a see through packet in his arm, putting it out with his hand in front of me.

"Here's some ice" Harry insisted.

"Thanks." I grab the ice pack and put it on the purple shaded fist mark, from my fathers assault.

I flinched each time I ran the ice over the bruises that had been left on my face.

Harry's face pales as he opens his mouth to speak. "Can you tell me.. What.. What exactly happened before you came to the bar? I knew you were hurt, the innocence in your eyes gave it away.. But when your dad came and hi-"

"It's.. It's just.. " I butted in.

I had a feeling he could feel the uncomfortable presence as his eyes gazed at mine.

"You don't have to answer..you know, if you don't want to." He interrupts.

I sigh staring at the floor. I felt the wetness on my cheeks as a tear ran down my face.

"No, It's the least I can do. I mean.. You did save my life." I try with all with strength to grin at him, but failed as the tears puddled as they fell.

He nodded in understanding, folding his legs getting prepared for what I was about to say.

"Well.. B-before I came.. T-to your bar.." I stuttered.

"Richard, my dad.. Started to talk.. Shit about my..." I struggled to talk over the tears that poured down.

"My m-mother" tears poured uncontrollably at the mention of my mother.

"What happened to your mother?" Harry asked with suspicion.

"S-she died.. She got murdered, beat to death" I paused, Struggling to breath.

Harry was now next to me on the couch, comforting me.

"Shhh, it's fine, we're safe now, and your mum is in a better place, you don't have carry on if it's to much to explain." he held me close making sure I was safe, wiping away the tears that puddled out of me. As his thumb caressed my skin on my red checks.

"It.. I-it was my father." I admitted.

He paused his face full of disgust as I continue to look back down at the floor.

*flashback*

I heard screams coming from the dining room. So I got of my bed and ran with the pitter patter of my feet running across the hall to check what was going on.

"Go!! Go jess!!" My mum screamed in utter fear.

I didn't know what to do. I just stood there in complete silence as I watched my father hit her. Each hit was harder as I could tell by her loud whimpers.