Part 1.

The sun shined on my face as I opened the window. The air was misty, and I liked that. Today was different, very different than the other normal days, and then I remembered, it was my birthday.

I run downstairs, and the lights were off. I stumble upon some things in the dark, and when I clicked on the light switch, there were balloons everywhere and a big cake with my face on it, then suddenly my family popped up just ahead me and yelled "Surprise!"

"Thank you so much, this is amazing!" I smile broadly and hug my mom and dad.

"Well its our little baby,Sophia's birthday! How could we miss this special day?" My mom kisses my cheek and brushes my hair back with her hand.

"My little cupcake is growing too fast! Its like yesterday when she was running around in her ponytails." My dad says, then kisses my forehead.

"Where is Jaden?" I ask and look around for my big brother.

"He's gonna be home any second now." My mom answers.

"And I'm home!" I look back to find Jaden holding a gift in his hand.

I run up and hug him, and then take the gift from his hand and sit on the sofa to open it.

"Well I guess your gonna take it by yourself." He smiles and sits on the other sofa right beside me and unties his shoelaces, while I cut open the gift and almost scream in excitement.

"What'd he get you?" My mom asks.

"The makeup set which I've been wanting for months!" I answer in joy.

Call me crazy, but thats what I like.

"Oh joy." My dad says sarcastically.

"Thank you so much,Jaden!" I hug my brother.

"Anytime, kiddo." He smiles and walks upstairs to change. "Happy birthday!"

I admire the makeup set and run upstairs to take it up to my room.

"Guessing we'll cut the cake later then!" My mom says to my dad and then she places the cake in the fridge.

I reach my room and call up my bestfriend, Jade.

The phone starts ringing and she picks it up.

"Jade!!" I yell.

"Keep it down, my parents are sleeping, Sophia! " She scolds me.

"Sorry but I cant control myself!" I lower my voice a bit.

"What happened?" Jade asks.

"Well my brother got me that makeup set!!" I squeak/yell.

"Oh my god, that one at that weird looking shop?!!!???" She asks.

"Yes!!" I yell.

"You lucky shit." She sighs.

"Well I gotta go now, see you in school tomorrow." I hang up the phone.

I scurry to the end of the room, where my desk is and open up my laptop.

"1 message on facebook" I say in my mind.

I click open the message and its from Josh Heffley. The cutest guy in school, the stealer of the girls' hearts. But he'll never steal mine. He's not my type.

The message reads:

"Hey, Sophia."

And I write back:

"Hey, Josh."

And he reads the message and now typing.

"Whats up?" He types.

"Nothing much, what about you?" I type back and take out the cheese puffs from my drawer and start munching on them while listening to some songs on youtube.

"Nothing.. Can I ask you something?" He asks.

"Sure."

"Are you free tonight?" He asks and sends a smile emoticon.

"Yeah, I guess. "

"I was thinking maybe we both should go out to the movies? You can bring Jade too if you like. Jason is coming too. At 7?" he asks.

"Sure." I answer. "Gotta go now though, see you tonight."

The only reason I said yes was because I have a crush on Jason, Jason McCauly. He is in our school and he is gorgeous. He's just too too cute. That's why I said yes. Well Jade would come because she's in love with Josh. She's crazy though, Josh is cute, but he's just not that guy who I think I'd ever like. Or maybe I could?

---------------------------------•

Well hi guys, so this is my first fiction story, so please share and like or idk that shit. :p

Peace! -Blair