A bad ending... pt. 1

Shougo had the saddest smile I ever saw from him. We walked to the small library, after closing the door, he hugged me. It was a hug that hurt me, he grabbed my shoulders and backed away a bit. He then kissed me. I sat down, he sat down beside me. He laid his head on my lap, I saw a smile. I started crying, I asked him,
"How can you be smiling about this?" With my voice breaking in hyperventilation. His smile went down a bit.
"I can smile because I have to keep your spirits up." He told me, I saw a tear from him. He then had a million tears falling from his face and rolling down his cheeks, seeping through my dresses skirt. I wrapped my arms around him, and picked his body up a bit. I hugged him, and started smiling.
"It's okay... you know I'll be okay." I moved my hands a bit to lightly grab his shirt.
"I know you will, but... you know that going there. You have to obey him..." He told me, but I knew that from the beginning.
"Shougo... I know, but don't worry. I'll be perfectly fine." I started crying too, I tightened my grip on his shirt. I cried onto his shoulder.
"Shouro... I love you..." I lifted my head. I stared at him in the eyes, directly.
"I love you too, Shougo. You know that. I promise that I'll send you something from there, ok?" He looked down, I saw some more tears.
"I don't want anything from there..."
"Shougo?"
"I only want you to come back from there." He looked back at me, he was crying still. I put my head up to his.
"Ok, I'll change the promise. I promise to come back." I gave him a kiss. I pulled a book from the shelf, I started reading.
Before going into the small library
I sat down at the dining hall table. My father had a... let's say "responsible" look on his face.
"Father, what's wrong?" He looked surprised, and confused.
"Oh, uh. I'm sorry. You aren't gonna be marrying Shougo."
"What?! Why not?"
"There has been... a... bargain... I can't get out of it, and I didn't make the bargain. You'll be forced to become a concubine. If I don't have you become one for this man... he's gonna kill everyone e in the town." I froze, and my eyes widened.
"You really can't do anything to change the bargain? Can't we just put a protective shield around the town and tell everyone to stay inside?"
"The man works with magic, he can break the shield no matter what. I'm very sorry, the wedding was coming up soon and now you can't be married. Shougo, I hope you don't blame me. I was informed last night, he threatened to kill you as well, if you were to get in his way of having my daughter." Shougo had a smile.
"I don't blame you, your Highness. You were threatened to have your kingdom killed, I understand." Shougo bowed and smiled. If I knew Shougo, he was just putting a smile on for my fathers sake.
The next day
I was on my way to the new house I would be living in. I say house cause I don't want to say it's my home or that it's a kingdom. I took the train so I wouldn't have a big escort to the house. I knocked on the door, it took a few minutes but someone finally answered the door.
"Oh? And who might you be?" The man that answered the door asked.
"My names Trian, I'm the first daughter of the King of the Fire Kingdom. I'm here because I was ordered to become a concubine. I'm not sure who for though." His eyes widened, he grabbed my arm and pulled me into the house.
"Hey! You should realize who you touch."
"Sorry, we don't have many visitors these days. So we become a bit non-socialable to people from other kingdom. My names Roki, I'm the Lords servant. He should be in his room getting dressed now. I'll escort you to your room."
"Oh, ok. Thank you." He escorted me to my room.
"I'll let you unpack. When our lord is finished, I'll come get you." He started closing the door.
"Roki." He stopped the door.
"Thank you. I hope I enjoy my stay." I gave a smile. He looked flustered. He closed the door. Oh, why did I smile? To be nice, I suppose. I hope the lord here is nice. As I unpacked my things, I heard a thud out in the hallway. Worried, I went outside my room, and to the stairway. I saw a man and Roki. The man was on his side at the bottom of the stairs. Roki looked worried, he had his hands hovering over the man. I walked to them.
"Excuse me, is everything alright?"
"Uh. Please don't worry, I'll take care of it." Roki got up and got a HealthKit. He opened it, he obviously didn't know what to do. He didn't know what to use at all. I walked next to Roki. I grabbed the kit, I pulled the man and leaned him against the wall. He seemed more confused than Roki. I patched the wounds on the man.
"Can you stand?" I asked the man. He tried getting up.
"Heh, yep. Thanks" He said.
"No problem." I smiled.
"Uh, miss? How'd you know what to do?" Roki asked. I looked at him.
"Because I practice medical care when I was little." He got flustered again.
"So, Roki. Who's he?" I looked towards the man that had patched wounds.
"Oh, that's our lord. Hiriko Kiami, the First and only prince of the Magic Kingdom. His father died when he was 13, and his mother abandoned him at 9. I've taken care of him since. He stays inside for the most part. So I didn't have to use any medical care with him. We haven't had any maids or other servants."
"Hiriko... Kiami?"
"Roki. What's her name again?"
"My lord. You really need to pay attention. Her name is Tr-"
"Trian. My name is Trian, the First and only daughter of the King of the Fire Kingdom. It's a pleasure." I bowed.
"The pleasures all mine." He walked up to me and placed his hand on my head.
"Uh, Kiami. What are you doing?"
"Uh!? You remember that you're my concubine, right?"
"Yes I remember. I must finish unpacking, please excuse me." I pushed his hand off my head and walked up the stairs. I still have to learn about him. I don't know if I want to tell him about my past. Right when I finished up packing, I heard a knock on my door.
"Uh, come in."
"Trian?" Hiriko opened the door.
"Oh, Lord Kiami. Please do come in. I just finished packing. Anything in particular you needed?" He sat down on my bed.
"Mm. Not really, just wanted to know if you were hungry yet."
"Oh, no. I ate before I got here. I think I'll be okay in another hour." I sat down as well.
"So. Do you wanna talk about anything?"
"Huh? Why do you ask?" I was confused.
"Don't play dumb! I have to know about your past if your gonna be my concubine."
"Oh, right. Well, can we talk about this at dinner?" He gave me a glare.
"I suppose. But you'll have to tell me sooner or later." He scooted closer to me.
"So, Trian. How much do you want to save your kingdom?"
"Huh?" He grabbed my chin lightly and lifted my face up. He was quite taller than me. I tried turning my head away, but he tightened his grip quickly.
"Kiami, please. I just got here, I barely know anything about you." I pushed away from him. I stood up.
"I'm going on a walk." I started walking. He grabbed my wrist. His grip was tight, it might be able to leave a mark.
"Not so fast, I need you to try on a few outfits."
"Outfits?" I didn't know how to feel about this...