❄Chapter 1❄

Guardian Love

Chapter 1 ❄

Bridgit was waiting for her dad at the car. They were going to spend some fun time together since it was a Saturday. When Bridgit told her dad about her mom, his reaction was almost emotionless. He was schocked and sad. Next thing she knew, her dad was feeling down the whole day. They din't even do anything or go out. They stayed at the house all day long. So because of that, her dad was taking her out today to make up for it. She was surprised she took it way much better than her dad. She always knew they still felt something for each other, yet they both denied it.

Today they were going to the local fair that just opened up a week ago at their hometown in Chicago. It was late summer, and the breeze was hot. The sun was up shining bright, no sign of clouds or rain what-so-ever. It was about 4 in the afternoon. She was glad she finally could get some fresh air and get out of that house, leaving everything behind, all the stress gone.

When they arrived, they went to the ticket booth and her dad payed for their tickets. They went inside, after the long line at the entrance, and were met hit hundreds of machines to ride. All this brought Bridgit memories, back to when she was a little girl and she still had a life living with both her parents. Oh, memories. Happy memories, she thought.

They decided to go on a rollercoaster first. It wasn't that big or anything since it was made for small kids, but they din't mind. This was their fatherly-daughter time and they wanted to spend it all on every ride they could go on. When the rollercoaster ride began, she was smiling like crazy. Here comes the start of a great day. The rollercoster went up and then down and then a turn here and there, she was screaming and laughing at the same time just looking at her dad reaction. Even though it was a kiddies ride, it was pretty fast and had lots of turns in it. The ride ended and the got out. They kept making long lines and looking at everyone who was enjoying their day aswell. Not minding the needy kids who din't want to leave yet or just simply wanted to keep going on the same ride, every kid had a different complain.

One of the rides that she enjoyed the most was the bumper cars. Of course she won to her dad. She always does. Her dad has never learned how to control the bumper car correctly and got bumped by everyone, especially Bridgit. She laughed in the whole ride while her dad just gave her a dead glare, which made her laugh even more.

They ate some cotton candy and loads more sweets, they played games and won 2 plush toys. A big purple bear and a normal size penguin. She thought they were cute. Then last but certainly not least, they went to the ferris wheel. Looking down at all the pretty lights from the festival, as the sun went down and the sky was dark. She looked out at the cars passing by the road. She also looked out in the distance at the mountains that were far away. She smiled to herself, feeling a slightly familiar cold breeze hit her face. She heard a cracking sound and looked up at the little roof of the ferrish wheel seat they were in. She saw... ice patterns? They looked oddly familiar too. She was starting to think that she might have been cursed by an evil being of some sort. How come almost everywhere she went she saw ice patterns and cracks. It was starting to get a bit weird. She shook her head out of her thoughts and looked at her dad who was looking out in the distance aswell. After some minutes the ferris wheel started moving again and their turn came to get out of the ferris wheel. They got out and went to walk to the entrance once again to leave the fair.

The ride home was filled with laughter and teasing. She sure enjoyed her time with her father. For some weird reason, this time she was the one driving. And it's weird for her to drive when she's out with her dad because it's usually her dad who's driving. They got out the car when they arrived at their house and before Bridgit went inside she saw ice patterns forming around her on the little steps up to her door. She looked at them and frowned. "You coming?" Her dad said and her head snapped up. "Yeah, I'll be inside in a sec." Her dad nodded. "You okay?" It was her turn to nod. "I'm okay, don't worry. I just... left something in the car." She said remembering she did infact leave the plush toys in the car. "Okay. You got the keys, see ya inside." He said and closed the door.

She looked down again to admire the ice patterns formed beside her feet. She bent down to touch them. It looked beautiful. The pattern was amazing and it looked like art. You could easily see the different snowflake patterns formed on it. It was amazing. She felt something cold at her hand. When she looked, it was a snowflake. Right there in her hand. How is it even possible? She thought. Summer was nearly ending and it wasn't even close to winter. Fall was still to come first. She looked around her but it wasn't snowing at all. She looked at the snowflake resting on her hand once again and admired it. It was something cold and beautiful.

Soon enough, the snowflake in her hand melted. She was still schocked with all this. She was starting to think again that she might be cursed or that maybe she had powers of some sort. But that was impossible anyways, right? Leaving all that behind for a moment, she went to the car to get the plush toys and then went back inside the house. Her dad was already propped up on the sofa, eating some left over food from yesterday and watching tv. "There's still some food left if you want any." Her dad said and she nodded. "Thanks but I'm not hungry right now."

She walked to her room and placed the new plush toys in her bed. While doing so, something caught her attention. As always, her window. But this time it was different. She looked at it with her eyes wide open in shock. Was she going crazy or did all the stress came crawling back in her head?

The ice cracks and patterns where there, but what caught her attention was the message written on it. 'Hi Bridgit' Even though it only said that, she was still shocked and felt a bit scared. Was someone looking for her? Was someone watching her? What if that someone kidnaps her? How does this someone know her name? Hundreds of question came flooding to her head. How was that even possible? She started pinching herself, closing and opening her eyes, repeatingly mumbling an "You'll wake up soon. This is all just a dream when you wake up. You're not going crazy."

But her actions din't do anything. The message was still there, clear at her vision.

Still shocked and scared, she walked slowly to her bathroom and splashed water in her face. Then she looked at her face in the mirror. Was she really going crazy? Maybe the whole 'mom is going to move to London thing' is getting to her really bad. She shook her head. This was certainly weird. Strange, even scary. Even though it looked beautiful.

When she went to sleep she started thinking. Maybe she's not really going crazy. This is clearly all true and real. She started to think that maybe something was causing all of this to happen... maybe even someone.

She just hoped that someone was good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heeey guys! How ya doing? Sooo... what do ya think? 1st chapter of Guardian Love! :D Do you guys like it so far? Please tell me what you think.

Should I keep making this story in narration? Or should I make it with the characters pov? Tell me in the comments! Feedback would be much appreciated! :)

Don't forget to smile! :D

xoxo,

~NaturallyDancing_1D

[ 1/15/14 ]