Chapter Six: We're Going To L.A! Ooh L.A.L.A!

Hellia Heaven Hermosa

I was in my bedroom when Killia poke her head in through the door.

"Hey sis, we gotta go to a meeting. Someone wants to give us a new mission," she said cheerfully.

"Right, coming!" I got dressed into my silencer outfit, the one that I wear to meetings. You know, the one with chains and stuff. I went out to my car, where Killia waited impatiently for me. She directed me to an old shed in someone's backyard. Killia walked up to the rotting door and tapped gently on it. Tap tap. The door opened a little, then shut, then opened fully. A man with a demon's mask on ushered us in. Blue eyes, a sharp nose, and thin lips poked out from the mask. Inside, there was an old desk and a chair. He sat in the chair while we stood. Rude. But I wouldn't sit even if he had chairs for us.

"You must be the Silencer Sisters, I heard that you two are very good at your job," the man spoke after a while.

"Indeed," I answered. The man gave me a wry grin.

"So, the job I'm going to give you will be a little more complicated than what you're used to," the mysterious man began. A little more complicated? That's a disappointment. I'm so bored these days. "I need you to kill this guy," he slid a photo onto the desk, "and it'll be no easy feat. He's always outside, like, 24/7," and from what I can tell, he gave a disgusted look at the photo, "so you'll need to kill him in public."

"So, where is the place?" Killia questioned.

"Melrose Avenue, L.A, California," the man answered.

"Okay," Killia took the photo. "We'll take this job, he should be dead long before the end of next week." The man nodded at us.

"Where's our money?" I added. The man chuckled then tossed a large stuffed envelope onto the desk. I picked it up and we walked out. When we were in the car and I was driving us back home to pack up a little for L.A, Killia placed her fists in front of her face and did a "YES" gesture.

"Yes!" Killia cheered. "We're going to L.A! Ooh L.A.L.A! Get it? Lala and L.A has the letters? Get i-"

"Yeah, I get it, shut your trap," I groaned. Killia paid me no mind and started screaming and chanting again.

"L.A L.A L.A L.A!" Killia chanted. I moaned. This is going to be a loooong ride.

🔥 🔥 🔥

We were packed and ready to head out to L.A. Killia was stuffing extra things into her pack while I waited in the car. Today, we're using our black Mercedes Benz A-Class instead of our Bugatti Veyron Super Sport. I like it because it has a panoramic roof.

"Killia! Move it!" I shoved my head out of the window and honked the car horn. Honk honk!

"Right! Coming!" She yelled back. A minute later, she came flying out of the house, slammed the door, locked it, and came into the car.

"Ready?" I asked as I drove out of the garage.

"As ready as I ever will be!" Killia bounced around excitedly. She was like a little kid again. I was about to scold her before I changed my mind. Killia didn't have a childhood, and now it's time to live it. I drove and drove and drove. We could fly to L.A but we didn't want to. We needed a road trip. Just me and Killia, spending some time together. Gosh, these days with school and the job of a silencer, we barely talked to one another. At least when we were younger, we spent days training. Well, me training Killia. I drove us onto Route 50, the highway that travels across America. I turned up the music until it was blasting in our ears. The song "My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark" came on and Killia and I began to sing very loudly to it.