chapter 3

Over the past hour I have been working with Harry, I have learned some pretty cool and weird things about him. He has also got to know a lot about me. He told me that he has never had a real girlfriend, and has never fallen in love before. He says he finds love a bit overwhelming and scary sometimes.

He has an older sister in college, or as Harry calls it University, and he has a step dad named Robin. He stil tries to keep in contact with his real dad, but doesn't see him too aften. He has lived with his mom and sister his whoel life, and loves their family owned bakery. I also found out that he just graduated like me! We went to schools right by eachother, but not the same one. We are both applying for college, and we both want to make both of our last summers here in Holmes Chapel the best summer it can be.

I told him alot about myself aswell, and he seemed to really be interested in my life, like I was his. This guy is litterely the most sweet, caring, and most funny guy I have ever met. I told him some personal stuff about my parents, and younger sister. I honestly think of this guy as one of my friends now. I have had so much fun at this job. 

"So, does this mean we are great friends now?" Harry asked me, while he was putting more carrot cake behinf the counter's display glass.

 " Well duh! Your like the best and only guy friend I have. Besides Samantha. I've known her for almost ten years. We had a bond like as soon as we met."

 " Like us?" Harry asked cheekely. I laughed and nodded my head.

" Like us." I chuckled. He looked at me with those big emerald green orbs, and then just started.

" Did I ever tell you how pretty your eyes are?" he said, as he was studied every facial feature on my face.

" My eyes?! Ha! Your the one with the gorgous eyes. Mine are just plain brown."  I retorted.

" Are not." Harry argued.

" They are this deep, deep shade of brown. I find them quite attractive actually." He complimented me. All of a sudden, he started to chuckle softly and look at me.

There was a moment of silence before he spoke.

" You think my eyes are gorgous?" Harry asked me.

I turned my head to try and mask the blush that had exploded onto my cheeks, and the nagging smile I was tempted to show. I sucked it up, and turned my head to face him again.

" Do you?" Harry questioned.

I slowly nodded my head avoiding eye contact with Harry. He chuckled looking at the ground, and then placed his eyes on my face and let out an amused laugh.

" Are you blushing?" he laughed.

" No..." I said quickly turning my head, so he couldn't see that he had made my blush grow worse.   "It's really cute when you blush. I don't really know why I like it, but I do."

 I could feel my face getting more tomato red by the second!

"That's a first to here from a boy." I almost whispered, slightly embarrased.

Harry's POV

" That's a first to here from a boy." said Valerie. 

What is that suppose to mean? Is she saying that she has never been called pretty or cute by a guy before? I wouldm't believe that for a second! She has a beautiful face, with unique eyes, an amazing toned body from head to toe, and the most gorgous hair I have ever seen! She is truely beautiful! I would not be suprised if she walked through our town mall, and every male pair's of eyes were on her. 

Just the thought made me feel very protective and uncomfortable. She was a jewel in my eyes, and I wasn't going to let her be in a relationship with just any guy. I was not ready for a true relationship yet, but I really want a girlfriend soon that I can look after...... and call mine. 

She must have noticed me staring at her in my own little world thinking about all that, because she stepped closer and grabbed my arm.

As soon as the pads of her fingers touched my forarm, my whole arm felt really warm and tingly. I don't even know why?! What is wrong with me?