Chapter 2

I hesitated when he asked me my name.

" Valerie" I stated simply. He gave me a dimpled grin, and looked in my eyes.

" What a pretty name" he said. I could feel a blush creeping it's way onto my cheeks and he seemed to be amused.

" And yours?" I questioned urging him on to share his name.

" Harry" He said. I held out my hand and he gladly shook my hand. 'Wow! this guy has big and strong hands! And his hands are warm. And his face is flawless in its own way, and he has the my stunning curly mop of curls I have ever seen in my whole life. This guy is so cute!' I told myself in my head. I must have been staring too long, because he started to talk again.

" Do I have something on my face?" He asked in an amused tone. " No..." I replied hoping he hadn't noticed how closly I had been staring at him.

" You are too cute." Harry stated. Which kind of suprised me, because I have never been called cute by a guy before. Especially a really cute one like Harry, none the less.

" I'd really like to get to know you" he smiled and said.

" We could be best friends." I smiled at his two comments he had just stated. He is so sweet too! Can this guy be any more amazing?!?

" I'd love to get to know too.. And be best friends." He chuckled and looked like he was about to say something else, when a petite women started walking straight towards us from down the hall. That must be the owner. She looks so loving and kind, and slightly resembles Harry. She walked a little past Harry, and stopped right infront of me.

" You must be Valerie! So nice to meet you!" She outstretched her arms and leaned into me, engulfing me in a hug. I was a little taken aback, by how sweet my 'boss' was, but it's better than a really mean boss. I hugged her back an then let go to face her once again.

" I'm Anne Styles, and it looks like you have already met my son Harry. I have a feeling you two will get along really well. " Anne said.

She patted Harry's back, and whispered in his ear, " Be nice. She a darling."

I met Harry's gaze as his mom mentioned me. He looked from me to his mom, then back to me and said " I know".

" Well I'll leave you two to it, you both wil work behind the counter, and both of your shifts will end 7:30. Sound god? I have to go home to get groceries for dinner tonight. Valerie can join us if she wishes, Harry." Anne nudged Harry, and he rolled his eyes.

Anne walked out, and left Harry and I standing alone in the bakery that hadn't opened for the night yet. Harry smiled at me and walked passed me flipping the sing arounf to read 'Open' from the outside.

He walked back over to me, and said " Well, while we are working, what do you say we get to know eachother. Yeah?"

I smiled and shaked my head 'yes' , and walked behind the counter to put on an apron. I couldn't wait to learn what stories were behind this handsome boy's face.